Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-

Walmart store card CL 5k now, 0 balance.

I wonder if I should take the upgrade if they ever give me one... I would be losing point because of aaoa and new line reporting.

Correct?

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 41 of 43
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

I wonder if I should take the upgrade if they ever give me one... I would be losing point because of aaoa and new line reporting.

Correct?

It's an upgrade, so why not take it?  The old Walmart account will be closed and yes, a new tradeline for the Walmart Discover will appear, but at least you don't get a HP from it and the affects on your AAoA/score will be short-term.  You'll probably even get a CLI with the upgrade (I think most people do?).

Here's hoping that you get the upgrade offer very soon!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 42 of 43
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Correct?

It's an upgrade, so why not take it?  The old Walmart account will be closed and yes, a new tradeline for the Walmart Discover will appear, but at least you don't get a HP from it and the affects on your AAoA/score will be short-term.  You'll probably even get a CLI with the upgrade (I think most people do?).

Here's hoping that you get the upgrade offer very soon!

Still waiting for an upgrade. Smiley Sad

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.