cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another round of successful Synchrony CLIs!

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Another round of successful Synchrony CLIs!

The curse that I had with GE Cap/Synchrony is definately broken! I couldn't get a CLI on my Walmart and JCP cards for the longest time. That started to change at the end of last year with a little auto-luv. Then I tried the Luv Button in March. Received a small increase then tried their chat feature for the first time a week later and received a little more luv.  Today I received the big increases. Took the advice of the forum and requested more than I was looking for. Started with JCP. That limit was at $2500.00. I requested $7500.00 and received a counter offer of $6000.00. That worked great because my goal for that card was $5K. I guess I'll bump the goal up a little Smiley Happy  

Next up was my Walmart card. Jumped over to their site to chat there. That card had a credit limit of $3K. The rep that I spoke with suggested that I use the CLI button on their site first so I did that and received a $300.00 increase. Went back and told her what happened and that I'd like to get up to $7500.00. She suggested that I can try again online so I did. Received this message - We apologize for the inconvenience, but we cannot process a credit limit increase online for this account. I passed that info along and asked what she can do. She came back with a credit line of $6000.00  My goal for this card was also $5K so I'm more than happy with this one too.

I've read that others have had issues getting a CLI from GE Cap (now Synchrony). My advice is to not give up. There is probably something on your reports that is holding you back. I know that I had some baddies. They eventualy fell off and these cards started to grow quickly after that. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Another round of successful Synchrony CLIs!

GREAT job!!! The chat feature works great for CLI's vs the luv button & calling in. Smiley Wink

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Those are very nice increases!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huge congrats👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice increases!
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the chat with. Wal Mart this morning and the rep told me there was no way to do a credit increase with out a HP. So, was yours a HP or a SP?
Message 7 of 13
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I didn't ask but they have always been soft. I would have declined a HP. 

Something to note, the Walmart rep suggested that I use the Luv Button this time and the last time I chatted. JCP rep didn't either time. Wondering if others have had that suggestion. There was a big difference between what the button gave me and what the rep was able to do. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's SP.  Got an increase on my Lowe's today.  Tried Amazon, but not today.  Will try again middle of next month.  Congrats on your increases.

Message 9 of 13
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks!   I'm going to keep asking every 3 months and continue to follow the "aim high" advice. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.