cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone applied for the new ThankYou Premier?

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Anyone applied for the new ThankYou Premier?

Hey everyone,

Just finishing up over 14 months in the garden and looking for a new sign-up bonus. I was about to apply for the Venture card for the free $400, when I noticed that Citi has a new version of the ThankYou Premier with a $500 sign-up bonus ($625 if used for travel). I have the grandfathered Citi Forward (5x dining/entertainment), so this seems like a no brainer. But I wanted to see if anyone has had problems with getting the bonus on the Premier, redeeming points, etc. before I apply. 

Thanks for for the help!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone applied for the new ThankYou Premier?

I applied and got the card just now.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many posters here have applied for the card under the 50K bonus.  It's been very popular.

Message 3 of 20
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I applied and got approved for both Premier and Prestige on the same day. Completed the spend a month later just about.

Message 4 of 20
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

I applied and got approved for both Premier and Prestige on the same day. Completed the spend a month later just about.

Have they credited the 50,000 points already? Any problems with the card up to this point?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Message 5 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

with the grandfathered forward definitely jump on it.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sign-up bonus is definitely worth getting this card. The Thank you premier (TYPremier) might also be a decent long-term AF card option (as opposed to the CSP or PRG from Chase and Amex respectively). I am still leaning towards the CSP over the PRG and TYPremier as the card I keep paying AF fees for, but at times the decision is a hard one. I have had the CSP for years while the TYPremier and PRG were both added in the last 6 months. The PRG is easy for me to remove as a contender since the AF is higher and travel bonuses are highly restricted (Airfare only)  when compared the the CSP or TYPremier. 

The card would be better than the CSP if it had better transfer options. I am on the fence since I do occasionally use Singapore Airlines and it is a Citi transfer option, but none of the other airline options are enticing. The CSP is less points, but I have many more transfer options. At times I have considered making this my main AF card for points/miles, but for now I am sticking to the CSP. I do have nearly a year to decide between the CSP and this card though, and might change my mind if Citi adds better airline transfer partners to its lineup. 

Message 7 of 20
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Random, for the detailed response. Not sure if this is actually the best choice for me right now, but the signup bonus is great and I have some inquiries to burn, so here we go. 

Message 8 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

Thanks, Random, for the detailed response. Not sure if this is actually the best choice for me right now, but the signup bonus is great and I have some inquiries to burn, so here we go. 

Good Luck!

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 50k points credited within 24 hours of statement as well as the points earned for the month meeting spend.

New to "thank you" points, point summary is clear and detailed.

Still have not got the new card design sent to me per the note in the box on card arrival.  

Anyone been sent the new card design yet?

Anyone benefit from "price rewind" yet?

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.