cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone applied for the new ThankYou Premier?

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone applied for the new ThankYou Premier?

@Anonymous wrote:

My 50k points credited within 24 hours of statement as well as the points earned for the month meeting spend.

New to "thank you" points, point summary is clear and detailed.

Still have not got the new card design sent to me per the note in the box on card arrival.  

Anyone been sent the new card design yet?

Anyone benefit from "price rewind" yet?

Yeah I received the new design from the get go

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 11 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

if you order a replacement card it'll prob be the new design.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

May request a replacement then.

Troubles me that I seem to care what the card design looks like. 

Message 13 of 20
andre181
Established Contributor

Hi guys,

I'm looking to add one more card. 

Can anyone help me see how or if the TY Premier can fit into my profile. Max rewards is always my goal.

I already get 5x points on restuarnts with Forward. I already get 5% CB on gas with Sallie Mae.

The only way I can see this card having some value for me is for flights. I almost always fly southwest, and I use my southwest card when its personal (and my stupid work card if its business. Man, I wish I could use my personal card for business and get reimbursed!). That nets me 2 RR points/$. 

Premier would earn me 3 TY points per $, but how would that translate to RR points? Can you transfer TY points to RR points? What is the conversion rate? Or can you use TY points to directly book travel on Southwest?

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 14 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

can't transfer them to southwest
Message 15 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

you can book southwest (with thank you points) by calling thankyou travel, but you can't do this online.

would effectively make your 5x on dining worth 6.25% with the forward card.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
can't transfer them to southwest

True but you can book flights on SW with points by calling the travel center

Message 17 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Psht I already said that Irish XD

#tooslow

and to clarify for @andre -

unlike booking with southwest points, booking with thankyou points means your ticket is a PAID fare. this means you don't spend money, but the flight still earns tier qualifying points.
Message 18 of 20
andre181
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Psht I already said that Irish XD

#tooslow

@Anonymous to clarify for @Anonymous -

unlike booking with southwest points, booking with thankyou points means your ticket is a PAID fare. this means you don't spend money, but the flight still earns tier qualifying points.

REALLY? That is interesting and very good to know! I'm already A list but I want that companion pass so bad!!

Thanks guys!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 19 of 20
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Applied yesterday - instant approval for $6,800. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.