Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App/CLI spree results! UPDATED!!!

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: App/CLI spree results! UPDATED!!!

Apparently I just don't know when to quit. 

I decided to try and get a CLI on my Freedom card, as the limit is my lowest at only $500. I've had the card for almost a year now and think I'm well worth a CLI. Anyway, like I said in the frist post, they don't have a link for a CLI on their website, so I sent a secured message and asked how I could request an increase. They got back and said I need to give them my income and desired CL and consent to a credit pull...I did, and requested $4,000 total CL.

They came back with NADA. Told me after reviewing my credit report they could not grant my request and I'd get a letter stating the reason. I was pretty pissed that they didn't even counter offer or anything after perfect payment history and no baddies. I sent a message back basically saying that this is ridiculous that I'm stuck with a joke of a limit and that the card will be going in the shredder if it doesn't become useful. I was half-bluffing...I wasn't going to shred it but I was going to take it out of my wallet until they did something with it.

Well I just logged in and saw they upped my CL to $1,000. I had a message saying that they reconsidered their decision and they hope I am satisfied...not really, but whatever. Better than nothing, I suppose, but still disappointing. At least the HP didn't completely go to waste...don't yet know what they pulled, but they have pulled EQ in the past so I was hoping they would again since I have no recent inquiries on there. Time will tell.

Anyways, I'm definitely done now! GARDEN GARDEN GARDEN GARDEN!

Photobucket
Message 21 of 39
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  I can't wait until I can get a card with Citi or Chase.  I tried for Chase this year but I was declined.  I also want a PNC card to cover my checking account for overdraft.  (I don't really need to worry about it, but hey it would simply be there as a just in case scenerio!)

I don't even know what I would do with an Amex card, but I do know that I am years away from that!  Maybe I will try later next year when some inquiries fall off!

Get back to the garden now.  You have enough for the moment!  Since you are just graduated don't be tempted to overspend!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 22 of 39
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

Well, now I'm wondering if I will see a HP. Took a chance and asked for a $6K increase on my $6K limit for my Forward. Got an email a few minutes later saying I was approved and logged back in to see a shiny new $12K limit.

For comparison, I have had this card 6 months and haven't used it for a single purchase. Meanwhile, AMEX won't give me a cent increase on my $1.5 BCP limit. Just goes to show how different the banks are with their risk models.

-SB

Starting Score: EX: 652 FICO | TU: ??? FICO | EQ ??? FICO
Current Score: EX: 760 FICO | TU: 737 FICO | EQ: 754 FICO
Goal Score:      EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Message 23 of 39
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

Congrats.  I can't wait until I can get a card with Citi or Chase.  I tried for Chase this year but I was declined.  I also want a PNC card to cover my checking account for overdraft.  (I don't really need to worry about it, but hey it would simply be there as a just in case scenerio!)

I don't even know what I would do with an Amex card, but I do know that I am years away from that!  Maybe I will try later next year when some inquiries fall off!

Get back to the garden now.  You have enough for the moment!  Since you are just graduated don't be tempted to overspend!

I fell off the wagon when I got a preapproval from Compass Bank.  I then did a little spree and also applied for a Chase card which I am reconning and Discover IT which I reconned.  Discover gave me $1000, Compass gave me $8000.  I was shocked and I think my heart stopped for a moment when I heard that.  I thought I was years away from getting a limit of that size!

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 24 of 39
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@starboundphoenix wrote:

Well, now I'm wondering if I will see a HP. Took a chance and asked for a $6K increase on my $6K limit for my Forward. Got an email a few minutes later saying I was approved and logged back in to see a shiny new $12K limit.

For comparison, I have had this card 6 months and haven't used it for a single purchase. Meanwhile, AMEX won't give me a cent increase on my $1.5 BCP limit. Just goes to show how different the banks are with their risk models.

-SB

It specifically said no credit report was used when I requested my increase. As soon as I hit submit a screen popped up and said was instantly approved for x amount with no credit report used.  There was an option to request more but since it was soft I decided to just take it. 

Let us know who they pull if it ends up being a HP. Congrats on the increase! That's huge! 

Photobucket
Message 25 of 39
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Oh and I guess I never updated this, but I also got a $500 increase on my Discover and a $2500 on my NFL card. 

Photobucket
Message 26 of 39
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Citi always finds a reason to deny my tr*ck a*s!!!!!!

lol so awesome job on all of the Citi accounts!!!!!

congrats on the clis and new Amex too!!!!!

I love my BCE; she's a beaaauuutyyyy and people do a double take on 'er! Haha

and Chase doesn't seem to like granting clis. In the five years I've banked with them, they've given me one $300 cli on an old Slate account. My $5k Freedom did recently get maxed out though almost haha:-0

anyway...

Good luck!!!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 39
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

OMG!!!!! Compass does give big limits!!!!! They sent me a pre approved offer for 5.99% for 15 mos on bts and 5.99% for 12 months on purchases, then 17.24%!!!!! Damn, I would love another big limit card! Haha

Bern....how many inqs did you have? I have like 5 or so in the past year? 

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 28 of 39
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

OMG!!!!! Compass does give big limits!!!!! They sent me a pre approved offer for 5.99% for 15 mos on bts and 5.99% for 12 months on purchases, then 17.24%!!!!! Damn, I would love another big limit card! Haha

This was number 11 on my TU.  Yeah we both got the same terms! 

Message 29 of 39
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

You can actually go online with the code and enter it.  They won't give an instant decision, but it only took one day for my approval.  With the limits you have, they might even give you one higher than mine.  I had nowhere near this limit before.  I wasn't even expecting this much after what I read.  I thought maybe they would start me out at $5,000 or less. With that Paypal account limit you have they might even give you something near it.  I do think the highest limit on this type of card is $15,000.  If they start you off near that, then you might be able to Product change in a year to their signature card.  I did ask some questions and was told they don't auto increase a limit, you have to request it and they do a hard pull when you do request it.  I don't really care too much about that as this limit is plenty for me and my plan.  I figure after a year or two I will be able to apply for any Prime Card and get it! 

That Capone card listed below is going in the sock drawer and so is the Household Card.  (They stopped giving CLI's at the HSBC division of Capone on Nov 15th of 2012, so it is done with.  I am cashing out the points at the next level and leaving it alone.  It now only gets the credit reporting service which is billed monthly.)

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.