Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Approvals: Thin File

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree Approvals: Thin File

I thought I'd report the results of my app apree and provide some datapoints. I have a thin file. A Discover card that just reached 1 year, 1,500 CL. AU on my fiance's BOA card with a $ 2,500 CL. My Experian credit score is a 787, My Transunion is a 772. I applied for the BCE and was instantly approved with a $2,000 limit. I also applied for the Quicksilver Visa and was approved with a 10,000 SL! I initally did not think I would have even been approved for this card because of my thin file. I initally recieved the 7-10 day message when I applied and no way did I think I would have recieved a 10,000 SL had I been approved. I had to ask the CSR to repeat what she said because I though I has misheard. I'm estatic! I thought AMEX would have been the one to give me the awesome limit based on what I read about how generous of a lender they are. 

I'd like to ask for 3x the CLI with Amex, once I get the card so that it will be closer the the limit I have with Capital One. I just need Discover to show me some luv. I asked for a crdit limit increase juat recently after it being 3 months. It was denied for inssuffucant hsitory at current credit limit. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree Approvals: Thin File

Congrats.. I would go for membership with NFCU. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I'm hoping Discover will show me some love too after my 90 days but I'm not holding my breath lol

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks tydog and Lilceez!

I got my capital one card today, finally! I was bummed when I opened it and realized it was a Mastercard (I wanted a Visa, which is why I applied for the Quicksilver Visa). That was until I turned it over and realized it is a Quicksilver World Elite Mastercard! I never thought it a million years I would make out with a WEMC. I am going in the garden for a year or two to get my credit scores in tip top shape to purchase a home. Then, I'll be gunning for the Freedom.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks tydog and Lilceez!

I got my capital one card today, finally! I was bummed when I opened it and realized it was a Mastercard (I wanted a Visa, which is why I applied for the Quicksilver Visa). That was until I turned it over and realized it is a Quicksilver World Elite Mastercard! I never thought it a million years I would make out with a WEMC. I am going in the garden for a year or two to get my credit scores in tip top shape to purchase a home. Then, I'll be gunning for the Freedom.

Congrats mdr414!! I like the perks that come with the WEMC. So, I'm gunning for it hopefully within the next  to 8 months. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.