Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree/CLI Spree= Crazy Day!!!!!!!!

tag
mccrcamd
Valued Member

App Spree/CLI Spree= Crazy Day!!!!!!!!

So ladies and gents in a crazy crazy day of piddling around. I thought I needed to sign back into myfico.com as I've been gardening since last year after the purchase of my house.

Today however so much has happened I am still in shock I guess as my highest limit on all of my credit cards has been my Discover it @ 1200.00 with all of my cards totaling $4450. I've rebuilt (still am) my credit enough to get decent scores I guess which all should go up even more if the HP's (4) didn't hurt me to much today. Anyhow I was in the Amex family 11 years ago and burned them and didn't pay my green charge card and it went to collections, fell off my report roughly 4 years ago and since i've closed on my house a year ago I've applied for any Amex card somewhere between 3-4 times with all instant denials.

My last credit card approval was with Chase Freedom for a measily $500 last year with an instant denial of a CLI, i tried again for a CLI back in Dec 14 with another denial and as i've said earlier I have never ever received a auto increase from any cards providers and i didn't understand why.

FAST FORWARD:

Current cards I have

Discover It: $1200/--Denied CLI

SSFCU: $1000/--$7500

Capital One: $750-- Now $1750

Chase Freedom: $500--Now $5000

Walmart: $500--Didn't Try

Home Depot: $500-- Didn't Try

New Cards to the Family

American Express- Everyday

Chase Sapphire

I started earlier this morning by piddling around with calling Chase backdoor number for a CLI, I didn't want to be greedy when asked for how much so I said $3500, which to my surprise she came back and said (well you're approved but would you like more) um sure why not, less than 10 secs later she came back and said $5000 oh wow well thanks so i got a $4500 CLI. so I was pretty stoked.

So then I decided to press my luck even further and get on Amex website and pull the trigger, I filled everything out and stepped away from the computer knowing I wasn't going to get approved but sure enough it said "Congratulations you've been approved your card will be shipped 7-10 days" WHOA what is going on today? I get the email from Amex with a confirmation and log into my new account and seen that they started me at $1000 which i'm super happy with knowing the generous CLI they give in 61 days!! Also I went ahead and called them and asked for a member since date of 2004 (backdate) they agreed and said that was a smart move before they sent the card off!!

Hadn't got enough was looking around my Capital One account and just hit the love button, mind you guys this is my oldest card since 2010 and it was at $300 from 2010-2014 then they gave me a whopping $450 increase last year. so again i figured they'd deny me but on instant it said $1000 increase and to call in if i wanted to try for more basically. Nah no need just nice to see I got two CLI in one day.

Called Discover it and they instantly said no CLI on sp. So i figured my luck had ran out as I didn't try Walmart or Home Depot nor the credit union card. BUT I still had the urge for something. So I got on Chases website yet again looking at CC's and clicked the Chase Sapphire, I said the heck with it and went to filling out all the info and again stepped away from the computer and come back to a screen that said (instant approval for $7000 your card will be shipped 7-10 days) Okay now I am done for a long while until that 61 days is up for the CLI on me Amex Everyday!!!! and thats my day today now back to the Garden club I go

UPDATE: went into security service credit union earlier and asked for a CLI and they instant approved and bumped me from $1000 to $7500 now! I'm really done  now. Hopefully that all should help my utilization  stay low.

Current myFICO scoresSmiley SadEQ) 663 | (TU) 695 | (EX) 684
Goal scores: 750+ (all 3) Updated: 4-8-2015
Cards: Ritz-Carlton Rewards $8500, BBVA Compas NBA Amex $8000, Security Service Federal CU $7500, Chase Sapphire $7000, Overstock $5900, BBVA Clear Points $5000, Disvocer It $3700, Chase Freedom $3500, Barclay Rewards $2500, Capital One Platinum $1750, Capital One QS $1000, American Express Everday $1000, Sams Visa $737, Walmart $500, Home Depot $500, Cabelas (still haven't received in the mail)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: App Spree/CLI Spree= Crazy Day!!!!!!!!

Grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
shoo
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! Nice surprises for today Smiley Happy

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 3 of 13
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Great spree! Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  Don't wait 61 days for the 3x CLI.  As soon as you get the card request it!

Message 5 of 13
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your success!

Message 6 of 13
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@mccrcamd wrote:

So ladies and gents in a crazy crazy day of piddling around. I thought I needed to sign back into myfico.com as I've been gardening since last year after the purchase of my house.

@today however so much has happened I am still in shock I guess as my highest limit on all of my credit cards has been my Discover it @ 1200.00 with all of my cards totaling $4450. I've rebuilt (still am) my credit enough to get decent scores I guess which all should go up even more if the HP's (4) didn't hurt me to much today. Anyhow I was in the Amex family 11 years ago and burned them and didn't pay my green charge card and it went to collections, fell off my report roughly 4 years ago and since i've closed on my house a year ago I've applied for any Amex card somewhere between 3-4 times with all instant denials.

My last credit card approval was with Chase Freedom for a measily $500 last year with an instant denial of a CLI, i tried again for a CLI back in Dec 14 with another denial and as i've said earlier I have never ever received a auto increase from any cards providers and i didn't understand why.

FAST FORWARD:

Current cards I have

Discover It: $1200/--Denied CLI

SSFCU: $1000/--Didn't Try

Capital One: $750-- Now $1750

Chase Freedom: $500--Now $5000

Walmart: $500--Didn't Try

Home Depot: $500-- Didn't Try

New Cards to the Family

American Express- Everyday

Chase Sapphire

I started earlier this morning by piddling around with calling Chase backdoor number for a CLI, I didn't want to be greedy when asked for how much so I said $3500, which to my surprise she came back and said (well you're approved but would you like more) um sure why not, less than 10 secs later she came back and said $5000 oh wow well thanks so i got a $4500 CLI. so I was pretty stoked.

So then I decided to press my luck even further and get on Amex website and pull the trigger, I filled everything out and stepped away from the computer knowing I wasn't going to get approved but sure enough it said "Congratulations you've been approved your card will be shipped 7-10 days" WHOA what is going on today? I get the email from Amex with a confirmation and log into my new account and seen that they started me at $1000 which i'm super happy with knowing the generous CLI they give in 61 days!! Also I went ahead and called them and asked for a member since date of 2004 (backdate) they agreed and said that was a smart move before they sent the card off!!

Hadn't got enough was looking around my Capital One account and just hit the love button, mind you guys this is my oldest card since 2010 and it was at $300 from 2010-2014 then they gave me a whopping $450 increase last year. so again i figured they'd deny me but on instant it said $1000 increase and to call in if i wanted to try for more basically. Nah no need just nice to see I got two CLI in one day.

Called Discover it and they instantly said no CLI on sp. So i figured my luck had ran out as I didn't try Walmart or Home Depot nor the credit union card. BUT I still had the urge for something. So I got on Chases website yet again looking at CC's and clicked the Chase Sapphire, I said the heck with it and went to filling out all the info and again stepped away from the computer and come back to a screen that said (instant approval for $7000 your card will be shipped 7-10 days) Okay now I am done for a long while until that 61 days is up for the CLI on me Amex Everyday!!!! and thats my day today now back to the Garden club I go

Do you have any baddies on your CR?

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 13
mccrcamd
Valued Member

Two paid charge offs from 3 years ago is the only baddie. Had two IQ's showing on all the bureaus 

Current myFICO scoresSmiley SadEQ) 663 | (TU) 695 | (EX) 684
Goal scores: 750+ (all 3) Updated: 4-8-2015
Cards: Ritz-Carlton Rewards $8500, BBVA Compas NBA Amex $8000, Security Service Federal CU $7500, Chase Sapphire $7000, Overstock $5900, BBVA Clear Points $5000, Disvocer It $3700, Chase Freedom $3500, Barclay Rewards $2500, Capital One Platinum $1750, Capital One QS $1000, American Express Everday $1000, Sams Visa $737, Walmart $500, Home Depot $500, Cabelas (still haven't received in the mail)
Message 9 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.