Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree, CLI & Denials =[

tag
cp94550
Regular Contributor

App Spree, CLI & Denials =[

I've been in the garden for some time now - at least 4 years.  Been working at rebuilding and keeping those payments coming in on time.  After getting numerous "pre-approved" notices in the mail, I bit the bullet and went on an app spree.  Started with my credit union and was approved for $1,000.  I currently have 2 secured cards with them so happy to switch over the unsecured side with them.  Then I tried for the Chase Disney and received a 10 day message.  Received a letter in the mail stating I was not approved.  Asked for a CLI on my Express Comenity card and went from $500 to $1,350 so happy about that.  Don't really use this card that often but happy to add a little bit on there.  Then I applied for the Cap 1 Platinum and was instantly approved for $3,000.  So I thought if Cap 1 likes me that much I should try for a CLI on my Quicksilver and was bumped from $1,000 to $2,000.  And to finish things off I decided I'd go for the American Express Blue Cash card that I received a pre-approval on.  Filled out the online app and was asked to call in.  Thought for sure it was a decline but they just wanted to verify my details for fraud and I WAS APPROVED.  Only $1,000 but not bad given my scores and I got my foot in with AX!  

Based on my Cap 1 "Credit Tracker" my score is sitting at a 604 but according to Experian & Equifax (according to credit card apps) I'm sitting at a 630 and 640.  Back to the garden for many, many more years.

Starting Score: EX: 560 on 11/1/11
Current Score: EX: 651 on 1/31/16
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: App Spree, CLI & Denials =[

Sorry about the denials, but way to go on the approvals and CLIs! That's a pretty good run. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 2 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats on the approvals. Gardening is always good. And btw, Cap1 CreditTracker isn't a true FICO score.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, cp! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.