cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree - Discover, Chase, Barclays, Amazon!

tag
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

App Spree - Discover, Chase, Barclays, Amazon!

After paying off a few cards and lowering util for me and DH, we both apped for a few cards that we have been wanting the other day!

DH applied for the Barclaycard Arrival (the no annual fee one) and was approved for $3k and and Chase's Amazon Rewards Visa for $2k (he orders on Amazon pretty frequently so I thought that would be a good card for him witht he 3% cash back). 

I applied for Chase Freedom (currently an AU on DH's card) and was approved for 1.2k, this was my first "real" card on my own (besides the barclay apple card which has no rewards)! Then I applied for the Barclaycard Rewards and got the 7-10 day message, I haven't called in not sure if I'm worried about it because after that I applied for the Discover it and got approved for $1k.  I got preapprovals from the website for Discover and Chase, nothing for Barclays but tried anyways. Oh and Discover actually gave me a 3-5 day message too but then I got a call from them, turns out they just need to verfiy my new address because we moved recently. I'm still in school so when I first did the Discover pre-approval and checked that box  it recommended the Chrome student card, but I tried again without checking the student box and it recommended the regular It card which has better rewards in my opinion so I'm glad I went with that. 

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: App Spree - Discover, Chase, Barclays, Amazon!

Congrats to you and DH! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 11
dursty87
Established Contributor

Congrats to you and your DH.  Call Barclays in the morning!  They have a great recon department Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
MT936
Established Contributor

congrats to you both

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 4 of 11
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new cards!

I had the same thing happen to me on my barclay card. Just wanted to verify a few things than got my approval. They were really nice too. So good luck!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 5 of 11
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Give Barclays a call! Can't hurt! You've already taken the HP!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 6 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!

Message 7 of 11
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS to you and your DH!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 8 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@alyssamarie wrote:

After paying off a few cards and lowering util for me and DH, we both apped for a few cards that we have been wanting the other day!

DH applied for the Barclaycard Arrival (the no annual fee one) and was approved for $3k and and Chase's Amazon Rewards Visa for $2k (he orders on Amazon pretty frequently so I thought that would be a good card for him witht he 3% cash back). 

I applied for Chase Freedom (currently an AU on DH's card) and was approved for 1.2k, this was my first "real" card on my own (besides the barclay apple card which has no rewards)! Then I applied for the Barclaycard Rewards and got the 7-10 day message, I haven't called in not sure if I'm worried about it because after that I applied for the Discover it and got approved for $1k.  I got preapprovals from the website for Discover and Chase, nothing for Barclays but tried anyways. Oh and Discover actually gave me a 3-5 day message too but then I got a call from them, turns out they just need to verfiy my new address because we moved recently. I'm still in school so when I first did the Discover pre-approval and checked that box  it recommended the Chrome student card, but I tried again without checking the student box and it recommended the regular It card which has better rewards in my opinion so I'm glad I went with that. 

Quite a bit of a spree! Congratulations on your approvals! Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@alyssamarie wrote:

Congrats on both your success Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.