Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results!!

tag
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Re: App Spree Results!!

Congrats on your app spree! I agree with the others to try and have the af waived.
Message 21 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

@shadow2k....

Of course, you should always be nice to the CSRs!!! I always am. Yeah, Capital One just doesn't get it. I've never had an AF card from them. That's how they treated me when I closed me "excellent credit" No Hassle Cash card with 1% everywhere and 2% cash on gas/groceries with a not so excellent $500 cl. I always see Credit Karma advertising the Platinum Prestige for bal xfers, and it makes me want to throw up. Seriously?!? Anyone think Cap1 would give a CL high enough to do a Bal Xfer with?!? Pahahhaha!!!! I'll never app for another C1 product again, ever.

Congrats again to the op :-) tell us your new Amex limit; we're dying to know!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 27
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

Just got off the phone with AMEX customer service and I was approved for $2500!! Card is already in the mail. They asked if I would like to put in a request for a CL increase, but I told them I was more than happy with what they gave me. Very happy to be a cardmember!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 23 of 27
GABrown
New Contributor

Congrats!!!! That seems so exciting...cant wait to get there!!!
Message 24 of 27
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

I received my Discover More and Amazon Visa in the mail. Still waiting on the SPG. I have no idea why it takes them so long to mail it out. Anyways, I took my wife to dinner tonight and paid with the Discover. Felt pretty good! LOL! Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 25 of 27
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 26 of 27
linux007969
Established Contributor

@getmycreditright wrote:

I received my Discover More and Amazon Visa in the mail. Still waiting on the SPG. I have no idea why it takes them so long to mail it out. Anyways, I took my wife to dinner tonight and paid with the Discover. Felt pretty good! LOL! Smiley Happy

it can take a bit cuz they have to setup your account, generate an account number, print up your new plastic, and file paperwork with credit agencies.... (which there may be some automatic processes) and it also depends on how many apps they have to process, approve and carefully mail out. It took like forever to mail out my BankAmericard and then took forever to mail out a Cash rewards card when i called to add cash rewards, but i think secured acounts take longer cuz of the security deposit or something. My capital one took like 5 days or something, it was short. My Amazon, Walmart & Paypal didn't take too long. Discover is taking a bit so far they mailed me 2 offers and a congradualtons letter saying i was approved and my card is on the way, before my card even arrives.  Anyway, congrats Op! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.