Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

App Spree Results

I paid off all my debt down to 1% revolving and waiting for my scores to reflect it. I still have poor scores because of tax lien public records, but other than those records I have no lates or baddies with balances in the last 3 years. Here is my APP Spree:

Amex Starwood Preferred: $1000 CL

Citi Double Cash: $4300 CL

Citi Simplicity: Declined.

Citi Costco: Declined.

Blispay: $5000 CL

Notes: As you can see in my signature line, I'm pretty AMEX happy. I love my cards and this is my 5th revolver approved by them. I was extremely disappointed with the $1000 credit line. I travel alot so SPG and Hilton are my thing. I was very happy with the Blispay and Double Cash and presume that Simplicity and Costco were due to multiple applications in the same day? I didn't research before hand what Citi's policies are on multiple apps, but they declined me hard for those two. The double cash was the card I wanted the most.

My plan is to consolidate my credit lines with AMEX next month and only have the cards I used most. Hopefully I am done apping now until we buy our new home in 24 months... so the plan is 2 years of gardening beginning today.. with only CLIs that can be had via softpull.

Cards I will be closing from my sock drawer:

Bank of America: $500 - been stuck here forever

PayPal Visa: $600 - been stuck here forever

Merrick Bank: $2800 - this card was just a big rebuilder card

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree Results

Awesome congrats man! 

As you may already know, your Amex is in for some serious 3x CLI Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats..Citi apps have to been done 8 days apart.
Message 3 of 11
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

I hope they don't cancel my double cash approval for making 3 apps in an hour's time. ;(

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 4 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Nah.. the system is probably setup to ignore any apps after the first. I'm sure you aren't the first to hit them for CC's multiple times the same day. Lol

The Double cash is a great card IMO. Limits don't start off super high, but they do grow steadily after the first CLI.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi has the 8/65 rule.. no more than 2 applications in 8 days and 3 in 65 days. Congrats on the approvals!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!

Message 7 of 11
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, OP! Did Citi prequalify you or did you cold app?

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 8 of 11
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

I had no prequal offers... I just applied... with a 691 experian fico 8.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals you did get. Maybe Citi will give you another after the wait. Good SL on the DC
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.