Did you mean: 

App Spree Success! (Student)

tag
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Re: App Spree Success! (Student)

@JohnJohn1995 wrote:

Good news!

Called US Bank yesterday (just in time) on the recon backdoor number. Customer service rep read and said some stuff and before I could even ask why I was calling (once my info was verified) he immediately said 'everything is looking good, I'm going to put this in for a second review'. My score was 779 out of their range of 836 and the main reason for the denial said 'too many new accounts'. But the rep pretty much disregarded all that.

Also, I made 2 new applications for other cards since my last post. I applied for a new card with my local credit union, got a basic $3000 card. No frills, but basic credit union no fees/low APR type deal. Also applied for the Mercedes Amex and got a 2nd FR request, which they ended up transferring over the information from my Blue Cash FR deal to expedite rather than do the back and forth with paperwork. It is in progress but I believe this is a good chance. Also got Nordstrom siggy raised to $8000 but with a hard inquiry (trying to see if I can have them reverse it since I asked it to be a soft inquiry).

Last but not least, my Blue Cash application finally got approved after over a month of waiting. Appears the 4506t form for 2015 tax info + bank statements and other docs I sent them sufficed. Starting line.....$8700! My biggest starting line yet. Any tips or advice on making this card grow? I'm so excited to be back with amex after they closed my cards 2 years ago due to an FR just as I became a student and was starting to get income.

Also, had sent a letter to Citi to ask to recon the DoubleCash app denial. Result came back in mail with a LOWER score than the one provided in the original denial letter (weird?) and was given the same reasons for denial...so essentially, useless.

If all goes well from here on out, after all my app sprees, I would have had all my apps approved besides Citi and CapitalOne. Oh well, I aint complaining.

Every 61 days, req for a 3x CLI.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JohnJohn1995 wrote:
Approved for Mercedes Benz Amex for $3400 Smiley Happy.

Congratulations on your new Amex, and your other approvals last month! You're doing very well for being only 20, with scores that many of us would love to call our own. Great job! Enjoy all of your successes, and treat them well! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
JohnJohn1995
Valued Member

Updates!

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature finally approved for $7500 after recon was finished.

Also put in CLI for Amex Blue Cash. Updated income for $40,000, requested $25,000 for the new limit. Got countered with $22,700. Accepted on the spot! A 2.6x increase isn't bad at all. Which still makes my Amex my highest limit by far Smiley Happy.

Message 13 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats a great approval run! Congrats and use them wisely!
Message 14 of 18
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratson the approvals Smiley Happy

I agree with

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to see another student on here! Congrats on your profile man keep it up, if only Amex would show me the love... 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major congrats! 

I love seeing fellow students getting ahead of the credit game. 

Now let those bad boys age for 2 years when your report will be clean and sparkly then request a CLI on every single card.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Mercedes Benz Amex. I loveyour car and card
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.