cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Success and now off to the Garden!!!

tag
qsmoss

App Spree Success and now off to the Garden!!!

I love these forums and when people share their story so here is mine. August of 2016 I knew I wanted to purchase property so i worked hard on my credit, paying off debt, and gardening for 1 full year. Fast Forward to August 2017 my score increased from 610 to 718 with zero inquiries and no baddies. 

I applied for a mortgage went through the entire process, was approved, deal accepted, apprasial was perfect, but the condo didnt meet requirements because too many investors owned and rented property (not sure why they waited until 2wks before closing to find this out). So since my credit had been ran so many times and I already acquired 10 inquiries from rate shopping and all that I figured why not lets just go App Crazy......

THE RESULTS!!

(August) Chase Freedom Unlimited initial SL 4500(instant approval) increased as of 12/02/17 to 9500!!

(August) Citi Diamond Preferred intial SL 2000 (instant approval) increased as of 11/27/17 to 3500!!

(October) BOA cash rewards intial SL 5000 (not instantly approved called backdoor number needed identity clarification)

(October) Discover IT intial SL 8500 (instant approval)

I only had a wells fargo secured card prior to this chaos with a credit line of 200$ asked for a CLI they raised it to 600$

Also I decided for now screw owning im going to rent did the SCT and was approved a Wayfair card 3500$ called the automated system and got an increase to 5500$

Was Denied AMEX and CapOne( but Capone sent me a mailer the same week preapproval and just for the heck of it i went online to accept it and was approved for 1000$ lol) 

BTW My Scores at this time were EX 716 TU 735 EQ 718 

I have student loans that are defered

Leased Car no missed payments

And a personal loan from Rocket loans for 15k no missed payments

Love this Forum hope you guys enjoy my story!!

11 REPLIES 11
Floyduda
New Contributor

Re: App Spree Success and now off to the Garden!!!

Awesome, congrats on your success and your hard work....

Message 2 of 12
qsmoss

Thank you! These forums are the reason for alot of my success.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz on the approvals!

I'm also glad to see Chase and Discover being generous! Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 12
Gramz
Contributor

Amazing app spree

Congrats and now time to garden lol.

Gardening ‎10-13-2017

FICO 8[10-25-2017] EX: 706, EQ: 714, TU: 719
FICO 8[1-04-2018] EX: 714, EQ: 737, TU: 721
Message 5 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

I would remain in the Garden till your student loan is PIF.  Not to judge here and from my own mistakes I see several indicators that you may need to work on your financial goals beyond applying for credit and your credit score.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 12
qsmoss

Thanks for your comment. Beyond this post I have been for sure work on my financial goals as you can see i have not had any credit cards for years for that reason. My student loans or number 1 in being paid off but I've already gotten them from 60k to 40k in the last 2years, I have savings, Roth RA, and 401k that takes out 10%, stable income and career. I see where the concern may be. But through hard work, research, and financial advisement I have been working toward being more financially freedom. But one main reason why I need to apply for credit was while shopping for my mortgage I kept hearing my credit profile was not strong. Everyone starts some where. Against thanks so much for your comment.
Message 7 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

I was concerned that you had a student loan defered and the personal loan which possibly could be scored as a CFL.

Student loan debt is very scary to me.  I was lucky in that I didn't go down that road  but I know many who did.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice haul. I’ll see you in the garden. Bring cookies. 🎉🍾🎈🎊. And not oatmeal 

Message 9 of 12
qsmoss

Trust me i wish I didn't have to go that way. Luckily for me i can apply for loan forgiveness because of where I work and my job but still you have to pay x amount before it's wiped out lol. I'm currently just finishing my degree so yea they are deferred until the summer. Stinks because I really want to go to graduate school however it's too much at this time. Anyway I definitely see what your talking about but I'm working hard to stay on the right track..
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.