Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎03-23-2013
0

App Spree Success

I've been trying to lower our debt since December and lurking here since February.  To date, we have lowered our UTL from 60% to 41%.  In the past few weeks, we went on an app spree, which will lower us to 25% UTL.  

 

Amex CLI:  11,700 -> 23,400

Best Buy CLI:  3,600 -> 5,100

 

Hubby's apps:

Chase Slate $9000

Chase Freedom $7000

Citibank Simplicity $13,000

 

My apps:

Chase Slate $11,500

Discover $5,500

Chase Freedom - 7 - 10 day, but when I called this morning, I was asked to send ID and proof of address.  I'm not sure if that'll be an approval or decline.  

 

Before this app spree, our AAOA was 9.75 years.  I'm hoping to still stay above 8 years, with all these new cards, but I'm not sure. Either way, with the new card 0% interest offers, we will be debt free in a year when we plan on refinancing.  

 

Meanwhile, we'll be in the garden until then.  

 

FICO: EQ - 810 TU- 805 EX - 783 Gardening indefinitely since 12/26/14
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,861
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: App Spree Success


techiegirl wrote:

I've been trying to lower our debt since December and lurking here since February.  To date, we have lowered our UTL from 60% to 41%.  In the past few weeks, we went on an app spree, which will lower us to 25% UTL.  

 

Amex CLI:  11,700 -> 23,400

Best Buy CLI:  3,600 -> 5,100

 

Hubby's apps:

Chase Slate $9000

Chase Freedom $7000

Citibank Simplicity $13,000

 

My apps:

Chase Slate $11,500

Discover $5,500

Chase Freedom - 7 - 10 day, but when I called this morning, I was asked to send ID and proof of address.  I'm not sure if that'll be an approval or decline.  

 

Before this app spree, our AAOA was 9.75 years.  I'm hoping to still stay above 8 years, with all these new cards, but I'm not sure. Either way, with the new card 0% interest offers, we will be debt free in a year when we plan on refinancing.  

 

Meanwhile, we'll be in the garden until then.  

 


Welcome to the forum

Congrats on a great app spree 



+ Chase Ink =

Established Contributor
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎05-09-2009
0

Re: App Spree Success

Nice approvals and cli's.  The ID request to Chase is most likely an approval.  I had to send the exact same thing when i got my Freedom. The card arrived 2 weeks later.Prior to that, i had no relationship with Chase, so it may be normal for the verification process.  Now, you need to garden what you've newly obtained.

Current Score: EQ: 807 TU: 811 EX: 813 (Fico) 8/14
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally


Citi TY Premier 46.5k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2k
Regular Contributor
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎03-23-2013
0

Re: App Spree Success

How much damage have I done to our FICO score with our app spree?  From what I gathered, we have 3 hard pull's each.  

FICO: EQ - 810 TU- 805 EX - 783 Gardening indefinitely since 12/26/14
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,861
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: App Spree Success


techiegirl wrote:

How much damage have I done to our FICO score with our app spree?  From what I gathered, we have 3 hard pull's each.  


Shouldn't be to bad and since you will be gardening scores will recover in the next 4-6 months



+ Chase Ink =

Regular Contributor
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎03-23-2013
0

Re: App Spree Success

I finally received a reply on my Freedom card. It was approved for $15K CL.
FICO: EQ - 810 TU- 805 EX - 783 Gardening indefinitely since 12/26/14
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,861
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: App Spree Success


techiegirl wrote:
I finally received a reply on my Freedom card. It was approved for $15K CL.

Congrats again



+ Chase Ink =

Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: App Spree Success

Blogger
Posts: 3,355
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: App Spree Success

Stellar outcome for 41% utilization! You set quite a precedent there. Congratulations!!! :robotlol:

Regular Contributor
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎03-23-2013
0

Re: App Spree Success

I was surprised as well. My FICO scores were 692 and 706 in March when we financed the car. We received the lowest possible rate that was offers at the time. That gave us some encouragement to try this. The pluses of my credit report - no derogatory (never), no late (never), and nearly 10 year AAoA -- must be helping some.
FICO: EQ - 810 TU- 805 EX - 783 Gardening indefinitely since 12/26/14
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.