Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Super Success!!!

tag
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

App Spree Super Success!!!

Well I'm done with my app spree.  App'd for 5...approved for 5.  Here's the breakdown:

Amex BCE $2k (disappointed with initial CL but know it will be $6k in 61 days - $50 back after $500 spend - 15 month 0% APR)

Citi Dividend $4.5k Visa Platinum ($100 back after $500 spend - 12 month 0% APR)

US Bank Cash + perks Visa Signature $5k ($100 back after $500 spend - 12 month 0% APR)

Marriott Premier Rewards Visa Signature $5k (70k bonus after $1k spend and cool metal card + 1 free night stay annually cat. 1-5 hotel)

Cap 1 General Motors World Elite MasterCard$5k (12 month 0% APR and the prestige of having a World Elite MC - added benefit of no annual fee when most every other offering for a World Elite MC has an annual fee starting at around $400)

Anyway, I can now close two of my Cap 1's with low CL's and will probably close Discover it with low CL.  Last year at this time I had 1 store card and 3 CC's (2 Cap 1's and 1 CreditOne) with combined credit lines of $2,200.  With my new acquisitions I will have a nice stable of cards including 1 AMEX PRG charge, 6 Visa Signatures, 3 Visa Platinum's, 1 MC Platinum and now 1 World Elite MCwith combined CL's of over $100k after I close the Cap 1's and Discover it.  Off to the garden for at least a year!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: App Spree Super Success!!!

Congrats on the spree

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 18
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

Well I'm done with my app spree.  App'd for 5...approved for 5.  Here's the breakdown:

Amex BCE $2k (disappointed with initial CL but know it will be $6k in 61 days - $50 back after $500 spend - 15 month 0% APR)

Citi Dividend $4.5k Visa Platinum ($100 back after $500 spend - 12 month 0% APR)

US Bank Cash + perks Visa Signature $5k ($100 back after $500 spend - 12 month 0% APR)

Marriott Premier Rewards Visa Signature $5k (70k bonus after $1k spend and cool metal card + 1 free night stay annually cat. 1-5 hotel)

Cap 1 General Motors World Elite MasterCard$5k (12 month 0% APR and the prestige of having a World Elite MC - added benefit of no annual fee when most every other offering for a World Elite MC has an annual fee starting at around $400)

Anyway, I can now close two of my Cap 1's with low CL's and will probably close Discover it with low CL.  Last year at this time I had 1 store card and 3 CC's (2 Cap 1's and 1 CreditOne) with combined credit lines of $2,200.  With my new acquisitions I will have a nice stable of cards including 1 AMEX PRG charge, 6 Visa Signatures, 3 Visa Platinum's, 1 MC Platinum and now 1 World Elite MCwith combined CL's of over $100k after I close the Cap 1's and Discover it.  Off to the garden for at least a year!!!

Congrats on yout successful app spree Smiley Happy WTG

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 18
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats on the spree

Thanks.  I owe alot of credit to you and Lexie09 for your guidance and encouragement last year when I was getting started.  You guys were/are great!

Message 5 of 18
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

Congrats on yout successful app spree Smiley Happy WTG

Thanks!

Message 6 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats on the spree

Thanks.  I owe alot of credit to you and Lexie09 for your guidance and encouragement last year when I was getting started.  You guys were/are great!

+++++++++++++1 congrats!! My dad also got the GM Card with a $3000 CL though. You got some awesome card!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 18
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 18
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats on the spree

+++++++++++++1 congrats!! My dad also got the GM Card with a $3000 CL though. You got some awesome card!!

Thanks and congrats to your dad.

Message 9 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats on the spree

Thanks

Just passing forward from what everyone passed to me 

You have done well Bravo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.