Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree! Thanks!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree! Thanks!

Hello All! This is my first post, however I have been reading these forums for years. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes as I have been rebuilding my credit for the past couple years.  All of your knowledge has helped me raise my scores and I just last night went on my first app spree. I was 4 for 5!

First off my scores before app spree

Exp- 705

Trans-715

Exp-675

I applied for 5 cards

Chase Freedom- Approved 1000

Amex BCE- Approved 1000

Discover IT-Approved 2500

Citi DC- Approved 1200

BofA- Denied- 6yr. old charge off

My profile is pretty clean however I am new to credit and my AAoA is young and will now get newer unfortunately. I did alot of research and found some really good cards- My income is not that high 35,000. I still wish the limits were higher, but I plan on gardening for the next year and see what growth I can get. 

My score after inquiries are

Eq- 698

Trans- 708

Ex-650- 4 inquiries here

I'm wondering how adding 4 new CC's will effect my score. Anyway, thanks so much for all the help in these forums.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree! Thanks!

If you have twice as many accounts now your score is going to tank by at least 25… at the same time the second those limits grow your score will increase and make up for it. Those are all solid choices, I like how you picked one of each and it's pretty obvious you love the cash back over Points.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm happy with the cards- in the garden for at least 10 Months- I have plans to buy a house. We will see how these things grow.

Message 3 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congratulations! Welcome to being an active member of the forum! As you may already know for SP CLIs AMEX 3X CL at 61 days Discover you can try every 90 days some had luck at 31 days. Citi is good every 6 months. Treat them right and in a year you'll be on top of the credit world! Good Luck!
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I've heard of people getting lucky requesting 3x with Amex at activation- I figure I would give it a go- doesn't hurt.

Message 5 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats. Now grow these into an ever better profile!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!  I've heard of people getting lucky requesting 3x with Amex at activation- I figure I would give it a go- doesn't hurt.

I barely got in with a 1k SL with the Amex BCE as well and same EXP as yours - denied at activation. have to wait 91  days after denial. Might as well just wait until 61. YMMV and good luck Smiley Happy Congrats on app spree! 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 11
myscore1
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I barely got in with a 1k SL with the Amex BCE as well and same EXP as yours - denied at activation. have to wait 91  days after denial. Might as well just wait until 61. YMMV and good luck Smiley Happy Congrats on app spree! 

Did you get a letter stating you have to wait 91 days after denial? Others are not getting that at all. I wonder if it has to do with a score or income...

EQ 634 TU 628 EX 662 November 2015
EQ 717 TU 675 EX 727 January 2016
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.