Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree? [Update]

tag
Goose7
Valued Member

App Spree? [Update]

Hello everyone I've been considering about going on an app spree pretty soon, but I'd figure I'd get your thoughts and opinions first.
First let me share a little background about my credit profile;

Wells Fargo (Secured) $300 opened Apr 2012
Macy's $1000 opened Aug 2012

As of now I'm only reporting a $2 balance between both cards.
Also I've never had a baddie...

Secondly I am considering apping for 3-4 cards which would be;
Chase Freedom
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Green
Discover It

The thing that worries me is my low AAOA. Do you guys think there cards are still out of reach?

Questions, Comments, or Concerns are greatly appreciated!

Okay so I just got home from work and applied for 4 cards...

Amex Green - Denied

Capital One Quicksilver - Denied
Chase Freedom - Approved $2200
Discover It - Approved $2975

I'm literally boucing in joy right now! Although in hindsight I wish I would have refrained from applying for Cap One....But enough about that I'll be tending to my topiary's for the next couple of years. :-P

as always Questions, comments, and concerns. are welcome.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: App Spree?

@Goose7 wrote:
Hello everyone I've been considering about going on an app spree pretty soon, but I'd figure I'd get your thoughts and opinions first.
First let me share a little background about my credit profile;

Wells Fargo (Secured) $300 opened Apr 2012
Macy's $1000 opened Aug 2012

As of now I'm only reporting a $2 balance between both cards.
Also I've never had a baddie...

Secondly I am considering apping for 3-4 cards which would be;
Chase Freedom
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Green
Discover It

The thing that worries me is my low AAOA. Do you guys think there cards are still out of reach?

Questions, Comments, or Concerns are greatly appreciated!

What is this AAoA that you speak of? Are we talking months here?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 25
Goose7
Valued Member

My AAoA is 1.3 years

I feel like these cards are still a little to 'prime' for my credit profile...So I am a little hesistant on applying. (Although it could just be me overreacting)

Message 3 of 25
user5387
Valued Contributor

Your AAoA appears to be around 1.5 years, and you have low utilization and no negatives.

I don't know about an app spree, but it does seem like it's time to try for another CC or two.

Message 4 of 25
GTT
Regular Contributor

My first and only card before was cap1 (500) in early 2012, but I was able to get approvals for chase freedom(6k), amex bce(9k) and discover it(3k) since ThanksGiving. 

So you should be fine.

Message 5 of 25
hacsx2
New Contributor

I would app for CSP and go from there.

i think chase is pretty generous.

EX: 747 (12/27) EQ:716 (11/6) TU: 703 (11/6) CK: 735
CC:
CSP $5000; BOA Rewards: $5000; Citi Platinum: $2600; UNFCU $500; BCP $6000; Wells Fargo reward $10k; Line of credit $10k ; Discover IT $7500; BML$1000; Citi TYP $5000; Chase Freedom $4000
Message 6 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@user5387 wrote:

Your AAoA appears to be around 1.5 years, and you have low utilization and no negatives.

I don't know about an app spree, but it does seem like it's time to try for another CC or two.

It's one of those YEMV situations.  Of course, the longer your AAoA, the more optimal your chances for a better product and/or terms.

Message 7 of 25
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@hacsx2 wrote:

I disagree with this.  Typically Chase likes to see an existing CL of $5000 for the CSP.  I think you would be fine for any of the ones you are thinking about since both your accounts are over a year old and because of your low utilization.  Four could be pushing it but if you are planning on gardening for a while, I say go for it.  If you are looking at financing a car or home within the next year, I'd lean towards obtaining two on your list.  Good luck and keep us updated!

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 8 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@kimmiller112 wrote:

@hacsx2 wrote:

I disagree with this.  Typically Chase likes to see an existing CL of $5000 for the CSP.  I think you would be fine for any of the ones you are thinking about since both your accounts are over a year old and because of your low utilization.  Four could be pushing it but if you are planning on gardening for a while, I say go for it.  If you are looking at financing a car or home within the next year, I'd lean towards obtaining two on your list.  Good luck and keep us updated!

+1

The CSP wouldn't be the ideal choice at this point.  Chase prefers a relatively established history before the CSP can be considered (even if other CLs are not within the $5K threshold).

Message 9 of 25
hacsx2
New Contributor

That is true.  I forgot about the AAoA.  

I had a $3000 secure card for a while too.

Also I started with apping for CS.

EX: 747 (12/27) EQ:716 (11/6) TU: 703 (11/6) CK: 735
CC:
CSP $5000; BOA Rewards: $5000; Citi Platinum: $2600; UNFCU $500; BCP $6000; Wells Fargo reward $10k; Line of credit $10k ; Discover IT $7500; BML$1000; Citi TYP $5000; Chase Freedom $4000
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.