Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree and 57 Point FICO Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree and 57 Point FICO Increase

Credit Karma FAKO still has its uses.

The app captures new statement balances quickly.

I use it to track what current balances for all cards are, quick one page look-up from tap of total accounts.
Message 31 of 57
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Thats a very nice post .. congrats on you approvals and best of luck with your denials later

I have a couple of questions

1- Did chase combine hard pulls the same way amex did and what bureau did chase pull ? Also while you are at it can you tell what card pulled which bureau and what part of the country do you live in cause for example santander has geographical restrictions so I think you live on the east coast ?

2- why do you let all your cards report balance on first statement ? why not AZEO right away ?

3- you said "Then once those apps are done, lock my CRA's so that the mortgage company cannot do many HP's as they try to shop my loan around after closing."

Once you close I don't think they are allowed to pull your report. Also even if they sell your loan 5 or 10 years down the road the terms stay the same and the new lender won't pull your report. My point is that pulling report means that they are checking on you to make sure they are still willing to offer you the same good rate. But if you already signed the papers and the offered rate is a done deal there is no point in pulling your report cause nothing will change. Can you elaborate on you point of view ?

Also I have a couple of recommendations .. you said you wanna apply for a card get the bonus and 3 months later apply for the next get the bonus bla bla .. this is not a good strategy cause you are never gonna have a good AAoA doing that specially that your history is short. the better strategy would be to app spree then garden for 2 years until HP fall off report then app spree and garden again until you have a long AAoA. But getting 1 card at a time every couple of months is gonna make your age young continously .. also you may have missed on some great cards (NRA card gives 5% on gas all year) (Uber card gives 4% on restaurants all year) and if you TU have 3 inquires or 4 maybe you can still get the paypal cashback 2% card before you go in the garden

thanks

Message 32 of 57
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Thats a very nice post .. congrats on you approvals and best of luck with your denials later

I have a couple of questions

1- Did chase combine hard pulls the same way amex did and what bureau did chase pull ? Also while you are at it can you tell what card pulled which bureau and what part of the country do you live in cause for example santander has geographical restrictions so I think you live on the east coast ?

2- why do you let all your cards report balance on first statement ? why not AZEO right away ?

3- you said "Then once those apps are done, lock my CRA's so that the mortgage company cannot do many HP's as they try to shop my loan around after closing."

Once you close I don't think they are allowed to pull your report. Also even if they sell your loan 5 or 10 years down the road the terms stay the same and the new lender won't pull your report. My point is that pulling report means that they are checking on you to make sure they are still willing to offer you the same good rate. But if you already signed the papers and the offered rate is a done deal there is no point in pulling your report cause nothing will change. Can you elaborate on you point of view ?

Also I have a couple of recommendations .. you said you wanna apply for a card get the bonus and 3 months later apply for the next get the bonus bla bla .. this is not a good strategy cause you are never gonna have a good AAoA doing that specially that your history is short. the better strategy would be to app spree then garden for 2 years until HP fall off report then app spree and garden again until you have a long AAoA. but getting 1 card at a time every couple of month is gonna make your age young continously .. also you may have missed on some great cards (NRA card gives 5% on gas all year) (Uber card gives 4% on restaurants all year) and if you TU have 3 inquires or 4 maybe you can still get the paypal cashback 2% card before you go in the garden

thanks

Message 33 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting for the BCE and PRG to report to FAKO.
CK ahead of the 3 CRA.
Only TU updated so far, others are lagging.
Been 5 weeks since spree, and most cards show on fako.
Message 34 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@patoot

-1) Chase pulled TU and EX, didn't combine, and pulled EX again on recon 10 days later.

-2) I have two very old (12 years) closed accounts that bring my AAoA up.

Whether one does many apps on one day or one at intervals, the effect on AAoA is identical.

I also wish to see how low the scores drop with many new balances before I AZEO.

Those are good cards, but I am gardening now and FNBO is sensitive to many HP, and Barclays are a pain.

-3) After closing everyone pulls accounts to resell the loan in securitization markets
Message 35 of 57
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

1- so chase pulled your experian 3 times ?!!

2- And how did FICO treat the balances ?

if all ways will lead to same AAoA .. why did you take too many inquires right away instead of taking your time between cards ?

3- do you have any links for topics on myfico to support this theory ? .. cause I still think if you closed for specific terms no point in pulling your report anymore

Message 36 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I wrote, Chase pulled TU and EX for the first two apps, and one EX on recon.

AAoA differs from HP in past 12 months.

Fair Isaac has yet to update balances except TU.

Still waiting on AMEX to report to anyone.
Message 37 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX yet to report, and my scores have begun to rise already.

654>660 EQ
669 TU
651 EX

Asides the 652>639 in February after my first C1 app, this looks to be the bottom.

Next stop, 760 and refis at o.98% !
Message 38 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting impatient.

Still no AMEX reports and only 1 account showing paid as agreed.

Still reporting as too few accounts, no installment loan.

Nearly 6 weeks since spree and auto loan.
Message 39 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received the 100$ statement credit in Santander this week.

No interest paid, card paid in full, to sock drawer for maintenance use only.
Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.