Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree for 2015

tag
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Re: App Spree for 2015

Did you check to see if you were preapproved for anything? Or did you just cold app?

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't check to see if I was pre approved on anything. It started with Credit Karma and I had a score of 738 pre Vantage 3.0, decided to "take the plunge" after many years of trying to get scores back up to decent range before applying again. I know that each company has different criteria to accept, but I am wondering did income, AAoA and longest acct. length played a major part of getting accepted? Just trying to understand.
Message 12 of 30
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Those, along with scores, INQs, current utilization, and any negatives you have in your reports all play a role in whether you are approved or denied.

Message 13 of 30
Santi78342
Established Contributor

One more question...Have you held an AMEX, in any capacity, before this BCE approval? Just asking for backdating purposes. Although if you know about the 3x CLI, you are probably aware of backdating too :-P

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just knew about the CLI from reading these forums. Never held a Amex before this. Was an AU on my grandmother's green Amex back in 91. She took me off in 94. She has passed since.
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My util was 3% and had 1 inq on EX, none TU and 3 on EQ at the time of applications.
Message 16 of 30
Santi78342
Established Contributor

That will do! They can backdate your account to when you were an AU on your grandmothers green card! Once you receive the card, call them or start an online chat and ask to have your "Member Since Date" corrected. Proceed to tell them about the AU account in 91 and bam! That brand new BCE turns into a 24 year old trade line!

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really?!?! Wow!!! I will do now. I'll let you know how it goes.
Message 18 of 30
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Really?!?! Wow!!! I will do now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Really! Good luck and keep us updated! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 30
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am new to myFICO and I love reading the tips and especially the success stories of people who worked hard to get their credit back up to good levels to get great credit cards. After many years of getting my credit to decent levels, I finally jumped in with both feet and applied with 5 credit card companies I always wanted to apply for. First off, my FICO scores were EX 687, EQ 695, TU 700 AAoA 12 yrs, longest acct 21 years before applying. Had 2 Cap One accts, 10 years old with 300 and 500 (closed) amts. Income 60K. To my surprise, I went 5 for 5 on my applications!!!

Amex BCE 4K
Chase SP 5K
Citi AA Plat. Select World MC 3K
Discover it 2.7K
Venture 10K

To say I am happy is an understatement!!! I worked so hard to get my scores up to where I could get a "good" card, but to receive these were incredible. Time to garden some and get my FICOs 800 across the board Smiley Happy Good luck to everyone and glad to be here. Hope to learn alot!!!

Congrats on the spree success!

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.