Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree maybe?

tag
gglam12
Established Member

App spree maybe?

I closed on my house today and talked to a few people on here which are GREAT! I decided to apply for a couple cards. I originally wanted the CSP card and was talked out of it. I was scared I would not get approved.

Applied for a Amex BCE approved with a 2K, Then a Chase Freedom approved 3.5k. I felt satisfied called it a night. I went to watch TV and started to play on my phone and wondered back here and read about this app spree. I figured I closed on the house already and decided to hop back on and apply for the Chase Sapphire card. They approved me with a 5k. 

My credit limit before tonight was 2k. In 1 night it went to 12.5k is that normal for companies to approve that much?

Amex BCE 2K - BoA Cash Rewards 5K - Chase Freedom 3.5K - Chase Sapphire Preferred 5k -
Starting score: 643
Current score: 712 (11/22/13)
Goal score: 750+
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: App spree maybe?

YES!!
How about Citi, Discover?
CLI on your BofA?
Message 2 of 6
gglam12
Established Member

I have a BOA cash rewards and it went from 800 to 1.5k without a request last month. Should I push it?

Amex BCE 2K - BoA Cash Rewards 5K - Chase Freedom 3.5K - Chase Sapphire Preferred 5k -
Starting score: 643
Current score: 712 (11/22/13)
Goal score: 750+
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It will be hp so if you don't mind that then you could probably double it... If not more, I'd ask for $10 and they will counter... But call directly into backdoor underwriting!
Message 4 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your new cards. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats on all your approvals

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.