Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree some success

tag
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

App spree some success

I closed on my house yesterday and did an app spree hoping to get some better cards so I can close some of my not so great cards. 

My current cards:

Emblem - 250

Emblem - 300

Merrick - 1100

Capital One -500

Capital One - 500 (Old Orchard card)

Target - 200

JCrew - 250

Macy's - 300

Added yesterday:

Lowes - 2500 (instant for $500 asked for $2500 and approved)

Discover IT- not sure the limit yet

Barclays NFL - $2800

Ashley Furniture - $2000

I really, really wanted the Southwest card with Chase but was declined due to old medical collections. They will be off in a year and it is a LONG story but they are staying.  I was also declined the AMEX Blue Cash.  So now off to the garden for awhile.  

the only other one I wanted was Walmart strictly for the score. I may app for that today but I am nervous because Lowes and Ashley are both backed by GE.  I don't want them declining strictly because of too many GE cards.

I am also looking to do a CLI and PC on at least one of my Capital One cards. I send a message via FB so we'll see how that goes. Fingers crossed.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: App spree some success

Congratulations on your new home and new cards!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG!  Congrats on your new home and you've got some great cards to match it! 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your home and new cards!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 10
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! Now off to the garden for a year

Message 5 of 10
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Approvals!

I would hold off on applying for the Walmart card just for the score.  Barclays is starting to offer the same service as walmart and you should be able to get your score from them.  

Message 6 of 10
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Also, it looks like the old Orchard cards have finished their conversion and people are now getting cli's on them via the website.

Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your home! You've done well with your new approvals. You know, there's nothing wrong with calling Chase again...maybe you'll find a more sympathetic ear.
Message 8 of 10
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

The Southwest card is really the one I wanted and they were sending me the invitations once a week!  The collections only show up on my EQ CR and of course that is who they pulled.  They are medical collections set to fall off next Oct. and when I tried to work on getting them rebuiding I found out they are doctors I have never even set foot in their office. My ex-husband took the kids, used his address and phone number but my social security and insurance information. Because it was long until I even knew they were there my ex refuses to pay his half. LONG story!

I called Chase for recon and they said no because of those collections.

Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.