Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree

tag
BreezyBri
Established Member

Re: App spree

Thank you everyone! I believe the minimum deposit is $200. 

Message 11 of 19
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 12 of 19
BreezyBri
Established Member

I called Discover for a recon and was counter offered the secured card once again. The reasoning for the denial is because I have too many inquires in a short period (they pulled EX and EQ), and I have a limited credit history. EX- 3 inquires EQ- 3 inquires TR- 0 inquires

Message 13 of 19
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

I say decline the secured card and reapply in another 6 months. You already got approved for other prime cards. No need for an secured card on your profile.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 14 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BreezyBri wrote:

I called Discover for a recon and was counter offered the secured card once again. The reasoning for the denial is because I have too many inquires in a short period (they pulled EX and EQ), and I have a limited credit history. EX- 3 inquires EQ- 3 inquires TR- 0 inquires

Unfotunately, it appears this is the only offer that would be availble for the time being.  It is entirely up to you whether this is the direction you want to pursue.  The downside of the secured CC is that it does not gruaduate or unsecure - something to think about.

Message 15 of 19
BreezyBri
Established Member

@ efranklin23 I declined the secured card because of this exact reason. I will let these card mature and decide if I want to apply for it again in the future. i am content with my line up for now though. Thank you!

Message 16 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

@BreezyBri wrote:

@ efranklin23 I declined the secured card because of this exact reason. I will let these card mature and decide if I want to apply for it again in the future. i am content with my line up for now though. Thank you!

Good choice.

Message 17 of 19
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forum since discover denied your app your entitled to a free report you should pull all 3 and check for any mistakes and you also you will know your scores to.

Message 18 of 19
BreezyBri
Established Member

Thank you everyone for your help! I appreciate the responses!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.