Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping Results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apping Results

Mini app spree today, not quite sure what to think of the results...

Discover it:  $9500 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was hoping for $2k

Amex:  Declined and had pre-qual

Amazon Store Card:  $200 SL (that's kind of depressing, was hoping to get 0% for a new dining set)

Capital One Plat:  7-10 days, currently have a QS1 with them in good standing that I have had for 3 years

Is there any recon I can do, particulary with Cap1?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apping Results

Congrats.  Very nice starting line on the Discover card. 

What's your overall utilization?  Highest utilization on a single card?  Asking because Amex probably pulled Experian and that is your lowest score.  Assuming it's high, bringing that down could possibly result in a score boost and an approval.  Do you have any other data points you'd like to provide such as inquires in the last 6/12 months and new accounts in the last 6/12 months?

Regarding Captial One, they typically do not do recons and even recons to the executive office do not normally result in a positve outcome.  However, a 7-10 day message with Capital One does not necessarily mean a denial.  Do not fret just yet.

Also, the Amazon Store Card has been known to grow fairly quickly and especially quickly with rising Tranunion scores assuming everything else remains the same or improves.  CLIs are generally soft-pulls and data points here suggest slight useage coupled with a CLI request after 3 months can result in a signficant increase.  Folks have also called to recon the limit with credit solutions to some success.  You have already taken the pull.  I'd say give them a call, tell them what you were looking to do and see what happens.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.  Very nice starting line on the Discover card. 

What's your overall utilization? 1%

Highest utilization on a single card? 6 cards, AZEO $26/$850

Asking because Amex probably pulled Experian and that is your lowest score.  Assuming it's high, bringing that down could possibly result in a score boost and an approval.  Do you have any other data points you'd like to provide such as inquires in the last 6/12 months and new accounts in the last 6/12 months?

Roughly 10 inquiries per bureaus.  I just closed on my first house today, so I had done some mortgage shopping and taken inquiries from that.  Total of 3 new accounts opened on 6/1/17, and they were the most recently opened accounts in 2+ years.

Regarding Captial One, they typically do not do recons and even recons to the executive office do not normally result in a positve outcome.  However, a 7-10 day message with Capital One does not necessarily mean a denial.  Do not fret just yet.

I think I am stuck on my current card with them at a $950 limit.  My scores have improved 100-150 points since opening that card.  I have put a lot of spend on it, especially this month but pay it off once the charges post.  I have a pending payment right now, but maybe once that posts, they will be happy.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Amex card and which Capital One card did you apply for?
Message 4 of 22
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval Discover and SL!!!!

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for Amex BCE and Cap1 Platinum. I already have a QS1, so didn’t feel the need to add another AF card. I’m hoping I get approved with a larger limit and then it can be combined with the other one.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely try and get a reconsideration on the Amex. You already took the hard pull might as well try. 

Message 7 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Discover wants to be your one, hope dw/dh doesnt get jellySmiley Wink. CONGRATS!
Message 8 of 22
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

I got the cap1 7-10 day message a couple months ago when I app'd for the platinum. It was just identity verification. Good luck!

2/18 FICO 8's:
EX(692): 3.1yrs, 8 inq.
TU(654): 0.3yrs, 3 inq.
EQ(683): 3.1yrs, 3 inq.
Utilization: 50%

Wall of Shame (recent denials/wish list):

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't imagine that I won't get the Cap1, they have been hounding me about BTs about once a week or so, but the limit is so low that I can't do much of a balance transfer with it!

And Discover has been sending me about 3-4 mailers a week, so hopefully that stops too!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.