Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Barclay Card Approval !!!!!!!

tag
dchrist475
New Contributor

Apple Barclay Card Approval !!!!!!!

I posted a couple days ago that I desperately wanted the new Mac Book Air. And I am also in need of a higher limit credit card. Currently my highest limit comes from Capital One at a HUGE $750. Smiley Tongue

So, I just decided to take the plunge today and apply for the Apple Barclay card.

I was instantly approved for only $340 so I immediately called the backdoor number (866-408-4064) and it was easily increased to $1500.

Im so excited. I can't wait to get my new Mac Book Air!!!

They pulled TU and as you can see below, my scores are not that great...

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: EQ 661
Goal Score: 720

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Barclay Card Approval !!!!!!!

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that is great news.  Congrats!

Message 3 of 25
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Thats great, I had applied two weeks ago denied then called the back door number and given $1k! 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 4 of 25
ofiligrana
Valued Member

What kind of AAOA did youll have and Inqs cause I want to apply for this card and get my wife an Ipad or possibly the new Mac.

Starting Score: 586TU 595EQ 580EX

Goal Score: 700TU 700EQ 720EX

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 25
wmarat
Valued Contributor

They approved 3k a year ago. Could charge $2800 on 3k card, I called in and asked to increase CL, they asked permition to make HP (again). Needless to say that I did not get CLI, but refused to activate card, which was closed a year later.

Barclay, go figure...

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 25
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

When I applied today I had to verify info. The representative said I was approved for $250 and asked if that was sufficient. I said no and was transferred to a credit analyst who told me my usage was too high and I was denied.Smiley Sad She said I can call back when I pay my balances down. I plan to PIF one of my accounts soon and I have another account that is reporting a low balance.  Is it worthwhile to call again and see if another analyst will approve me? This time I'll take the $250 limit - I hope it grows though.

Message 7 of 25
dchrist475
New Contributor

@ofiligrana wrote:

What kind of AAOA did youll have and Inqs cause I want to apply for this card and get my wife an Ipad or possibly the new Mac.

My AAoA was 7 years. And my most recent inquiry was from 02/2009.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: EQ 661
Goal Score: 720

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dchrist475 wrote:

So, I just decided to take the plunge today and apply for the Apple Barclay card.

I was instantly approved for only $340 so I immediately called the backdoor number (866-408-4064) and it was easily increased to $1500. 

@halos24 wrote:

Thats great, I had applied two weeks ago denied then called the back door number and given $1k! 

Congratulations! to both of you.     Both of you did a great job!!     Thanks for sharing it with us.

Message 9 of 25
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Similar experience to OP.

Applied online last night for BarclayCard Visa via Apple's website and was approved for $390.  Called this morning and spoke with a very personable agent via the backdoor (credit analyst) number, who verified my income, asked questions about my employment, asked questions about my current charge account balances, and asked how much the product was that I was planning to purchase.  She had the attitude that she really wanted to help me get this credit line, provided I was honest with her and answered her questions in a straightforward manner.  Raised credit limit to $1500 within 2-3 minutes.  Now I need to decide if I really want to eat up all that open credit on a new computer ... probably should take advantage of Apple's 12-month deferred interest offer though ...

I was just recently denied a Citi Forward card, so this was a particularly sweet approval, albeit at a steep interest rate (22.9%) versus the Household Bank Mastercard I was just approved for (w/ a measely $300 credit line), but a 14.something percent APR.

I would say this is one of the easier Visa cards to obtain, ime.

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.