Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Federal Credit Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Federal Credit Union

I'm in the middle of my credit rebuild and I decided to apply for Apple Federal Credit Union since I have them and can't get anything other than secured card from USAA.  There is a comments section in the application, so I put a note in there about how I know my credit isn't great but that I have been working really hard on it in the last year, and have increased my scores by almost 100pts. My application was sent for a manual review, and I figured it would be a decline.  Today I got an email with a credit card approval, and a personal note from the underwriter congratulating me on my progress and to keep up the good work.  The SL was only $500 but its a rewards card from a bank. I now have Captial One Quicksilver (PC from Platinum), AMEX BCE and AMEX Delta Skymiles (App'd the same day so only one HP) and this card.  I also have other store cards that I opened to get the ball rolling that I will close most of (Not Amazon and Dicks Sporting Goods- I use those like crazy!!)

I definitely think the comment helped me.  They are a small credit union and I appreciate that they took that into account!

My stats

EX FICO8 624, TU 626, EQ 606

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Federal Credit Union

Congrats on the approval and well done on the rebuilding efforts. I'm a member of AFCU as well and while I havent applied for any of their credit products, I hear  nothing but good things abuot them.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new card.  Feels good when a bank sees your efforts and rewards you for it! Enjoy!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice! Congrats. And he/she was right-you should be proud and keep it up. It feels good to see your hard work pay off. $500 at a CU will grow. I have had my eye on this CU.

Who did they pull for you?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all. I'm excited to get approved by a bank! I feel like that's a major step in the rebuild!

They pulled TU. Sorry I didn't include that info, but it actually didn't show up until yesterday.

I actually think AFCU is great. I have USAA so I always keep a local bank as well to squirrel away money for vacations but also in case I need to deposit cash. I have had BoA for years but I keep getting hacked so I decided to give AFCU a try. Needless to say I'm cancelling BoA and sticking with them. They gave me a chance when the bigger banks wouldn't
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coming in a little late, but congratulations! I have been researching Apple FCU just now; I thought they were for teachers/students/school staff only but just found out anyone who lives in Fairfax or Prince William Counties (Virginia) or Fairfax or Manassas City is also eligible, and I live in Prince William County. It's particularly interesting that you were able to get a card by writing a personal letter to the underwriting department explaining your efforts to rebuild your credit. I suppose this comes of its being a small credit union and if I join them I may have to try that!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea... they are great.  The limit was pretty low but I feel like as my scores go up the card will grow just fine

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.