Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Highlighted
Established Member

Apple and Ring approvals from Barclays

Hey guys, I've been rebuilding and only have 1 card left to pay down, woo! I decided to app for the Ring card since it has a low APR and I wanted to lower my util. I was denied for the Ring online so I apped for the apple financing card and was approved for  $2k. Two days later (today) I called the backdoor number to recon the Ring app and they approved me for $2.5k. I then asked about transfering the limit from the apple card to the ring and the person that did the recon for me told me that wasn't an option... so I called back in to the regular number and had the full limit transfered and the apple card closed in less than 3 minutes. $4.5k is my second highest limit, but ring has a lower apr by 5%. My TU is a 676 according to walmart fico, aaoa 2.6 years, 1 year old collection 90+day, 120+day charge off in 2010, util around 40%. 7 inq.

USAA Platinum MC - $5000, Barclay Ring - $4500, USAA Platinum Visa - $1000, Capital One Quicksilver - $500, Walmart Store Card - $140
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple and Ring approvals from Barclays

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $16.5k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $9.5k / Walmart Mastercard $8k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $6.1k
CareCredit $5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $3.95k / Citi DC (WMC) $5.7k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 729 / TU 724 / EX 750 / 7/12/15
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Senior Contributor

chancep wrote:

Hey guys, I've been rebuilding and only have 1 card left to pay down, woo! I decided to app for the Ring card since it has a low APR and I wanted to lower my util. I was denied for the Ring online so I apped for the apple financing card and was approved for  $2k. Two days later (today) I called the backdoor number to recon the Ring app and they approved me for $2.5k. I then asked about transfering the limit from the apple card to the ring and the person that did the recon for me told me that wasn't an option... so I called back in to the regular number and had the full limit transfered and the apple card closed in less than 3 minutes. $4.5k is my second highest limit, but ring has a lower apr by 5%. My TU is a 676 according to walmart fico, aaoa 2.6 years, 1 year old collection 90+day, 120+day charge off in 2010, util around 40%. 7 inq.

Fantastic jockying!!

Congrats on sticking to your expectations and they actually fell right into place for you!

Smiley Happy

It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny * FICO TU 728 EQ 711 EX 753

chancep wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

EX Fico 08 Bankcard 08/16: 811 (+7) EX Fico 8; 783 (0)
TU Fico 8 08/16: 777(-3)
EQ Fico 8 08/16; 778 (0)
Senior Contributor

well done!!

Valued Contributor

chancep wrote:

Congrats on your approvals Smiley Happy

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (04/03/2016) EX Fico - 831 ( 04/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 22.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 832 *** EX 821 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Valued Contributor

Very cool, congratulations

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners Club WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Ritz Carltn VS 5k | Frdom VS 5.4k | CSP VS 5k | Marriott VS 6k Citi Exec AA WEMC 11k | TYP VS 5k | Costco VS 2k | Hilton Reserve VS | Best Buy Visa 2k BofA Trav Rwds VS 10k | Cash Rwds VS 10k | Merrill+ VS 10k Barclay Rwds WMC 5.4k | Hawaii Air WEMC 10k | Aviator Silver WEMC 6k Amex PRG: NPSL | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 2.5k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k NASA 30k Discover It 4.4k | US Bank Plat 300 | Total Rwds VS 10k | SG Rwds 10.3k | Walmrt MC 6k | Lowes 17k | Jared/Kay 7.6k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 5k | TJ Max 4k | Care 7.6k | Home Depot 14k | Amazon 5k | PPal Extras 6k | Chevron 2.5k | Macys 1.5k | J Crew 17.35k | Marvel 15k | Stash VS 15k | Cabelas 10k
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Starting Score: 848
Current Score: 824
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.