Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

@Bman70 wrote:

@fused wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

I went 5 years with no credit card apps before my BCP. Instant approval and my scores were 760s/ 770s. However, my limit was 10k and they're probably looking at you for over 20k, which I heard needs manual review.. or 25k? Anyway no way you're denied. I've heard of fraud / identity verification holds doing this. Like if you had a security feature on your profile of some kind. Let us know when you're approved! 

I was "thinking" maybe a manual review is needed to determine a CL. I don't need a huge CL. I'm just planning on paying for groceries and gas with the card. After about one month, the cash back will pay for the AF of $75. Food and gas is very expensive where I live (Hawaii).

Only other thing I can think is maybe they can't verify something.. address change, something in the last 7 years. 

I haven't moved in the last 7 years. Amex has my current phone numbers, email address and employer on file.

Message 21 of 90
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Did you call? Honestly, that's the first thing I would have done -- gotta find out what they want! Smiley Wink
Message 22 of 90
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

OP, I wouldn't worry about it.  When I apped for my BC the same 10-14 day message was given to me. 

It was approved 30 hours later.  Didn't have to call. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 23 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@KennyRS wrote:
Did you call? Honestly, that's the first thing I would have done -- gotta find out what they want! Smiley Wink

I called the number given to me by Journey. A Rep said my app looks fine and it went to underwriting, but he couldn't give me any other details.

Message 24 of 90
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your scores Smiley Happy ... this is probably what shocked Amex ... Good luck !  My app was with the same result but within 15 minutes approved to my surprise.

Message 25 of 90
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:

I was a bit surprised by this and I'm not sure what it means.

All "X days" means is that manual intervention is required.  It's impossible to tell what the outcome will be based solely on that message.

@fused wrote:

Should I call someone at Amex?

Relax and let it run its course.  They'll contact you if they need something from you.

Message 26 of 90
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

OP, I wouldn't worry about it.  When I apped for my BC the same 10-14 day message was given to me. 

It was approved 30 hours later.  Didn't have to call. 

Same with me (on the BC) except almost immediately after that message appeared on the screen I got an email saying I was approved.  Which is a little quick for manual intervention!

Message 27 of 90
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

I am sure you will be approved...Good Luck....

I must say I am honored to be in same forum with your perfection...Smiley LOL.

Message 28 of 90
canusa11
Valued Member

I got the same message 3 or 4 days ago. I already have the delta Gold & the green charge card. I wanted the Gold PRG to replace the green, but still want the green to report for 10 years. So instead of PC from green to PRG ,i apped. Still waiting. I will give them a call tomorrow on my day off, if I dont hear anythhing. My fico EX from this site is a 745, with no lates or bads etc. Not sure whats going on! I checked my Ex report and Amex did a HP. Good luck and keep us updated.

Message 29 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

No news, my app is still in progess.

Message 30 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.