Did you mean: 

Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

@fused wrote:

No news, my app is still in progess.

Honestly fused, I find this to be very curious. The only thing that I can think of is that the amount the computer approved you for (which I am guessing to be large), along with your other two AMEX TLs, would have put you over a certain exposure limit to AMEX, hence the delay. Can't think of any other reason really.

Message 31 of 90
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

Sorry to hear about this wait Smiley Frustrated Stuff like that drives me crazy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 32 of 90
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@fused wrote:

Honestly fused, I find this to be very curious. The only thing that I can think of is that the amount the computer approved you for (which I am guessing to be large), along with your other two AMEX TLs, would have put you over a certain exposure limit to AMEX, hence the delay. Can't think of any other reason really.

And they're probably shocked that someone hasn't apped for 7 years and has 850 on all 3 bureaus applied for one of their cards then. LOL 

Just joking around though. I'm sure this is heading nowhere but with a big ol' CONGRATS on your approval type of thing from Amex. Just super duper odd fused has to wait so long.

Message 33 of 90
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@fused wrote:

Even if that's the case they would have given  an answer within a few Hrs. Atlease that's what they did to me

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 34 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@fused wrote:

I thought about the exposure limit to Amex. I also thought about my total available credit, which is 35K less than what I had 5 or 6 years ago. I closed two revolving accounts with BoA and Discover. If this is the issue, all Amex has to do is call me. I'm not expecting a huge credit limit. 10-15K would be more than adequate.

Message 35 of 90
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@-Wade- wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@fused wrote:

Even if that's the case they would have given  an answer within a few Hrs. Atlease that's what they did to me

It could have to do with the amount of money too.

For example, LTL has an AMEX BC with a 50K CL and a BCE with some other amount. He also has near perfect scores. If he applied for a Blue Sky Preferred I wouldn't be suprised to see the same kind of delay due simply to financial considerations and not the quality of the CR.

Message 36 of 90
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@fused wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@fused wrote:

I thought about the exposure limit to Amex. I also thought about my total available credit, which is 35K less than what I had 5 or 6 years ago. I closed two revolving accounts with BoA and Discover. If this is the issue, all Amex has to do is call me. I'm not expecting a huge credit limit. 10-15K would be more than adequate.

This is very true. However, AMEXs style, in my observanves anyway, is to find people that are what they consider safely creditworthy and then encourage them to spend as much money on their cards as possible. That's why I am expecting a large CL. Just a thought.

Message 37 of 90
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@fused wrote:

It could have to do with the amount of money too.

For example, LTL has an AMEX BC with a 50K CL and a BCE with some other amount. He also has near perfect scores. If he applied for a Blue Sky Preferred I wouldn't be suprised to see the same kind of delay due simply to financial considerations and not the quality of the CR.

That could be true also. I do know Amex looks at your overall credit limts from all lenders. DTI

Message 38 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Before I apped for the BCP card, I tried to get Amex to convert my old Clear Card, but no dice. The only way I was going to get a BCP card was to app, so I did.

Message 39 of 90
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

Before I apped for the BCP card, I tried to get Amex to convert my old Clear Card, but no dice. The only way I was going to get a BCP card was to app, so I did.

Fingers crossed for you.....wisjhing you the best of luck

Message 40 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.