Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Re: Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

This is an extraordinary situation so amex trying to come up with an extraordinary deal like an invitation for the Centurion offer with the approval.
Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 41 of 90
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@fused wrote:

Before I apped for the BCP card, I tried to get Amex to convert my old Clear Card, but no dice. The only way I was going to get a BCP card was to app, so I did.

Seems a lot of variation in whether you can convert.  I was unable to convert my BCP into a BC, and a lot of other people failed as well, basically being told it is not an available option, but then some people succeeded.  Never know why!

Message 42 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@-Wade- wrote:

@fused wrote:

Before I apped for the BCP card, I tried to get Amex to convert my old Clear Card, but no dice. The only way I was going to get a BCP card was to app, so I did.

Fingers crossed for you.....wisjhing you the best of luck

Thanks! I just never expected to be waiting this long. Oh, well!

Message 43 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Fico2Go wrote:
This is an extraordinary situation so amex trying to come up with an extraordinary deal like an invitation for the Centurion offer with the approval.

I don't think I qualify for a Centurion Card.

Message 44 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@fused wrote:

Seems a lot of variation in whether you can convert.  I was unable to convert my BCP into a BC, and a lot of other people failed as well, basically being told it is not an available option, but then some people succeeded.  Never know why!

I called Amex several times to covert my Clear Card. I was hoping someone would just say Yes.

Message 45 of 90
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@fused wrote:

Fingers crossed for you.....wishing you the best of luck

Thanks! I just never expected to be waiting this long. Oh, well!

I know what you mean with your scores

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 46 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I called a new number I received from the Amex Credit Bureau Unit. I spoke with a pleasant gentleman who said my app looks great, but they're still trying "verify some things". He didn't give me any details on what they're trying to verify, tho. I'm wondering if an FR might be coming my way.

Message 47 of 90
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

I called a new number I received from the Amex Credit Bureau Unit. I spoke with a pleasant gentleman who said my app looks great, but they're still trying "verify some things". He didn't give me any details on what they're trying to verify, tho. I'm wondering if an FR might be coming my way.

To be honest it looks that way

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 48 of 90
Bman70
Established Contributor

Sounds like they're going to give you all the details in a letter. Since you didn't mention income, it's hard to say if total exposure is at issue. How recently did you close the 35k in additional tradelines? 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 49 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Bman70 wrote:

Sounds like they're going to give you all the details in a letter. Since you didn't mention income, it's hard to say if total exposure is at issue. How recently did you close the 35k in additional tradelines? 

The tradelines were closed about 5, maybe 6 years ago. 

Message 50 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.