cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied and was approved for Discover IT card.

tag
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Applied and was approved for Discover IT card.

@redE2move wrote:

Do you have to be in the 700 club for a Discover approval?  Are they sensitive to how many accounts you've opened recently?

I'm not sure if they're INQ sensitive, but they don't have a rule like say Chase or Barclay's Arrival+, with 5/24. And I got my Discover CC when my scores were in the mid 600s, and I believe some have gotten it with their CS being just over 630. I think that's the lowest I've seen. Good luck if you intend to app!

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So just this morning, exactly one week after approval (give or take an hour), I did receive a welome email with my CL and "...card should arrive in 3-5 days".  So, in my case anyway, card should arrive 10-13 days after approval.

No complaints, just sharing some metrics Smiley Happy

And your SL was what?

Message 22 of 26
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

I'm still looking for anonymous way to share this data and have it still be usable, but this is my Approvals worksheet taken from data here on the approvals board:

disc.PNG

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

donny10 wrote:

And your SL was what?

$11,000 @ 0% APR for 14 months.  Depending on day and agency, my scores are a few points either side of 700. 

Message 24 of 26
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Ardecko Great worksheet! I think I’ll have to mimic it for my own records. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 25 of 26
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And your SL was what?

@$11,000 @ 0% APR for 14 months.  Depending on day and agency, my scores are a few points either side of 700. 

I'm a little jealous. I just got mine last week (7 or 10 days after being approved - I was also getting worried), but my SL was only $6500, in line with my three (stagnant) current cards. I guess that's more important than three 800+ credit scores and a 1% utilization. Ah, well. I just moved into my new house and have plenty of things that I need to buy, so I'll run a lot of charges through it and pay in full and see if I get any auto-CLI love in a month or two. Discover's supposed to be good with that.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.