cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - APPROVED!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(

@enharu wrote:

Just called Barclays about my app.

Got approved! Had to answer a simple question about my income, and a dispute that is on my CR currently.

They're starting me with a CL of 8000, which isn't high nor low, but I'm still happy I got approved Smiley Very Happy

Thanks a lot everyone. THIS IS MY LAST APP UNTIL NOV 2013! (not that I really have a choice......lol)

btw, so this card is 2% everything, and i can redeem for statement credits right? or does it have to be redeemed for travel spending only?

Congrats!!!! $8K is a good starting CL. I didn't get that  for my Barclay's Rewards World MC. It's time to stop applying. You need to save for Amex later on this year. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 31 of 55
enharu
Super Contributor

https://www.barclaycardus.com/ now loads login page for me only -_____________- so i can't view what other cards they got now? 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 32 of 55
power1234

@enharu wrote:

thanks!

i tried to ask if i can get a higher initial limit but the lady (customer security dept) said i could request one or something (she wasn't exactly her herself). i told her its fine and i'm gonna settle with this CL for now. I am now worried about barclay's AA <_<

When my sister got approved for the barclay card they told her if she wanted higher cl she would need to call once the account was opened but i don't know if they do cli upon activation and if they HP

Message 33 of 55
enharu
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Just called Barclays about my app.

Got approved! Had to answer a simple question about my income, and a dispute that is on my CR currently.

They're starting me with a CL of 8000, which isn't high nor low, but I'm still happy I got approved Smiley Very Happy

Thanks a lot everyone. THIS IS MY LAST APP UNTIL NOV 2013! (not that I really have a choice......lol)

btw, so this card is 2% everything, and i can redeem for statement credits right? or does it have to be redeemed for travel spending only?

Congrats!!!! $8K is a good starting CL. I didn't get that  for my Barclay's Rewards World MC. It's time to stop applying. You need to save for Amex later on this year. Smiley Happy

Ron.

I definitely am stopping all my apps. I don't want to get into any trouble with any of the banks :/

Thanks a lot for all the help too!!!

@power1234 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

thanks!

i tried to ask if i can get a higher initial limit but the lady (customer security dept) said i could request one or something (she wasn't exactly her herself). i told her its fine and i'm gonna settle with this CL for now. I am now worried about barclay's AA <_<

When my sister got approved for the barclay card they told her if she wanted higher cl she would need to call once the account was opened but i don't know if they do cli upon activation and if they HP

Thanks a lot for the info! I'll just wait until they auto CLI me I suppose. I'm threading on thin ice right now xD

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 34 of 55
power1234

Oh by the way Enharu they could close the account as soon as they see the new accounts reporting so just be idle right now my friend 

Message 35 of 55
enharu
Super Contributor

idle as in don't apply, or don't use the card? Smiley Surprised

Message 36 of 55
power1234

Don't use the card aggressively

Charge very little like little as 30-$100

Don't leave any balances on the other cards like 30% utl or nothing like that

Only after 3-6 months you could freely charge the card since is like probation with them right now

Message 37 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/ now loads login page for me only -_____________- so i can't view what other cards they got now? 

It is your browser cookies. Smiley Happy You need to clear cookies and caches in order to see other cards.

Ron.

Message 38 of 55
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

congrats! would also recommend to use it slowly and always pif for the next 6 months...I can tell you the feeling of any AA taken because of exceptional CL extention is not a very good one. I survived the first 3 months but with that Citi card just last month I need to fear again the next 3 months. I will never do this again in my entire life. app spre yes but mini spree and never 5 x CL again. seeing SP every two weeks does not make me feel very comfortable Smiley Sad
Message 39 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

idle as in don't apply, or don't use the card? Smiley Surprised

He means stop applying. 

Ron.

Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.