Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(


enharu wrote:

Just called Barclays about my app.

 

Got approved! Had to answer a simple question about my income, and a dispute that is on my CR currently.

They're starting me with a CL of 8000, which isn't high nor low, but I'm still happy I got approved Smiley Very Happy

 

Thanks a lot everyone. THIS IS MY LAST APP UNTIL NOV 2013! (not that I really have a choice......lol)

 

btw, so this card is 2% everything, and i can redeem for statement credits right? or does it have to be redeemed for travel spending only?


Congrats!!!! $8K is a good starting CL. I didn't get that  for my Barclay's Rewards World MC. It's time to stop applying. You need to save for Amex later on this year. Smiley Happy

 

 

Ron.

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(

https://www.barclaycardus.com/ now loads login page for me only -_____________- so i can't view what other cards they got now? 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Member
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎04-06-2013
0

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(


enharu wrote:

thanks!

i tried to ask if i can get a higher initial limit but the lady (customer security dept) said i could request one or something (she wasn't exactly her herself). i told her its fine and i'm gonna settle with this CL for now. I am now worried about barclay's AA <_<

 


When my sister got approved for the barclay card they told her if she wanted higher cl she would need to call once the account was opened but i don't know if they do cli upon activation and if they HP

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(


Ron1 wrote:

enharu wrote:

Just called Barclays about my app.

 

Got approved! Had to answer a simple question about my income, and a dispute that is on my CR currently.

They're starting me with a CL of 8000, which isn't high nor low, but I'm still happy I got approved Smiley Very Happy

 

Thanks a lot everyone. THIS IS MY LAST APP UNTIL NOV 2013! (not that I really have a choice......lol)

 

btw, so this card is 2% everything, and i can redeem for statement credits right? or does it have to be redeemed for travel spending only?


Congrats!!!! $8K is a good starting CL. I didn't get that  for my Barclay's Rewards World MC. It's time to stop applying. You need to save for Amex later on this year. Smiley Happy

 

 

Ron.


I definitely am stopping all my apps. I don't want to get into any trouble with any of the banks :/

Thanks a lot for all the help too!!!


power1234 wrote:

enharu wrote:

thanks!

i tried to ask if i can get a higher initial limit but the lady (customer security dept) said i could request one or something (she wasn't exactly her herself). i told her its fine and i'm gonna settle with this CL for now. I am now worried about barclay's AA <_<

 


When my sister got approved for the barclay card they told her if she wanted higher cl she would need to call once the account was opened but i don't know if they do cli upon activation and if they HP


Thanks a lot for the info! I'll just wait until they auto CLI me I suppose. I'm threading on thin ice right now xD

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Member
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎04-06-2013
0

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(

Oh by the way Enharu they could close the account as soon as they see the new accounts reporting so just be idle right now my friend 

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(

idle as in don't apply, or don't use the card? Smiley Surprised

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Member
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎04-06-2013
0

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(

[ Edited ]

Don't use the card aggressively

Charge very little like little as 30-$100

Don't leave any balances on the other cards like 30% utl or nothing like that

Only after 3-6 months you could freely charge the card since is like probation with them right now

 

Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(


enharu wrote:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/ now loads login page for me only -_____________- so i can't view what other cards they got now? 


It is your browser cookies. Smiley Happy You need to clear cookies and caches in order to see other cards.

 

 

Ron.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5,410
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(

congrats! would also recommend to use it slowly and always pif for the next 6 months...I can tell you the feeling of any AA taken because of exceptional CL extention is not a very good one. I survived the first 3 months but with that Citi card just last month I need to fear again the next 3 months. I will never do this again in my entire life. app spre yes but mini spree and never 5 x CL again. seeing SP every two weeks does not make me feel very comfortable Smiley Sad
Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
.. Last HP 05 JAN 2016 ..
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(


enharu wrote:

idle as in don't apply, or don't use the card? Smiley Surprised


He means stop applying. 

 

 

Ron.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.