cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - APPROVED!

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(

@power1234 wrote:

Don't use the card aggressively

Charge very little like little as 30-$100

Don't leave any balances on the other cards like 30% utl or nothing like that

Only after 3-6 months you could freely charge the card since is like probation with them right now

i dont plan to use the barclays card much to be honest. i applied for it since it's bout the only company that pulls TU and the 2% on everything sweetened the deal by quite a bit.

so basically as long as i observe good credit usage and keep my util low on all cards, i should be fine?

how long do they take to carry out AA usually? A month from now? Or whenever my accounts reports? or 2-3 or 6 months from now?

Could they give me a CLD w/o closing an account if they do AA me? Is it possible to appeal? Smiley Surprised

What is the process like in an event of AA? Does the card just get declined right away when swiping and then a letter comes? Or will someone call me and talk to me before closing or carrying out any AA?

What about US Bank, Chase and Discover? Smiley Frustrated

Thanks a lot!

This somehow has became a source of stress than blessing lol...

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 41 of 55
enharu
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:
congrats! would also recommend to use it slowly and always pif for the next 6 months...I can tell you the feeling of any AA taken because of exceptional CL extention is not a very good one. I survived the first 3 months but with that Citi card just last month I need to fear again the next 3 months. I will never do this again in my entire life. app spre yes but mini spree and never 5 x CL again. seeing SP every two weeks does not make me feel very comfortable Smiley Sad

did you go on a spree and they didn't AA you? Smiley Surprised

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 42 of 55
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

yep..if you look at my sig I had only the 2 BofA cards with 8,5k for years but all the others in the last 3 months. now at 48,5k CL. last card was not planned, meant to garden but could not resist because of the sign up bonus. but I was very well aware that was not the best idea. the CL received on my latest card last month is what makes me fear of AA by others. AX I did request 2 x CLI because I did not feel comfortable in asking for 15k but should not have done even this. this was just before my app with Citi. I can fully understand the close watch by lenders and hope I can get away with it. learnt my lesson..never again ..no more than 2 at the time for me.

edit: not Barclays in my spree but all the others in my siggy except BofA
Message 43 of 55
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - APPROVED!

I am in mobile version so it's not showing me your signature ATM :/

Do you have any Barclays card and did you get into any AA problems with any of the lenders for your spree?

Now I am hoping I don't have issues with any of them lol....especially chase.
Message 44 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just looked at your sig. Did you get all your Chase at once? How long you have those accounts? By the way, I don't feel comfortable with Wells Fargo. I heard they're conservative. I had their business card many years ago. They closed mine after a year.  I didn't carry any balance.

Ron.

Message 45 of 55
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I am in mobile version so it's not showing me your signature ATM :/

Do you have any Barclays card and did you get into any AA problems with any of the lenders for your spree?

Now I am hoping I don't have issues with any of them lol....especially chase.

You are stressing yourself out way too much...LOL

Just lay low for a while, there is nothing you can do about it at this point.

"The cow is already out it is too late to shut the gate" Smiley Happy

I hope it all works out for you....just don't stress.

*8/10/13
Message 46 of 55
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

I just appd and was denied due to too many new accounts recently. I reconned once do you suggest a second recon. I think it's mostly because I recently closed all 3 of my Barclay accounts but this 2x on everything is awesome.
Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 47 of 55
enharu
Super Contributor

I have my chase amazon visa for almost 2 years. I also have a checking account with them with >300k average daily balance. I just got my csp and freedom during this spree.

I have had Wells Fargo for about 8 years now. They gave me an unsecured card when I didn't even have a social security number back then. I don't use their card as much and will be using it less now that I got these new cards, but they have treated me pretty well so far. I also have checking and savings with them but deposit is only in the 5 figure range and it varies up and down by quite a bit.

If Barclays closes my account then thats a pity. Now I am really worried chase, discover, us bank and even Wells Fargo will follow suit lol.

Message 48 of 55
power1234

You should be fine over all Enharu

I wouldn't worry to much if they even if and I say a big if they close Barclay for the fact that you have some supergreat cards on your sigi

I would rather learn from experience and get it right next time.We all been down that path anyways.lol

I would say 90% your safe with Barclay Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 55
colindidit
Established Contributor

How are they with seeing HP's just to get credit increases on other cards? HP's are just HP's to them. can they make assumptions that youre applying for other cards by seeing those HP's and AA you?

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.