cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Chase Disney - Update APPROVED!

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for Chase Disney - Update APPROVED!

@waynes1982 wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

ChaseDisney.jpg

So my card finally arrived today. I am excited. I was rejected for this card twice (I believe) by Chase. Once quite a while back ago and then again in December of 2012. The HP is still on my CR but getting ready to drop off this Dec.  So this card means a lot to me personally. It's not the greatest rewards card out there by any means. I think most of my other cards have better rewards. But I wanted it and now I am happy to have finally rebuilt my credit to where I can be approved for it.

Everyone has a goal. Some goals in the credit rebuilding world are bigger than others. Surprisingly, Amex was sending me prequalified offers and Chase never has. I have never burned Chase for any debt so I have no idea why. But either way, I finally feel like I can make decisions and with patience be approved for Cards, Auto loans and shortly around the corner a decent rate on perhaps a mortgage.  It is a great freedom but it has taken a long time to get there.

Wishing everyone the best with their rebuilding!

~ Melissa (aka, BluePoodle)

I'm waiting to get my card, I aksed for it to be expedited to me so hopefully tomorrow or friday.  I've applied for the Disney card a few times and have always gotten the denial screen.  Well I must have sweet talked them and told them about my two Disney trips and how this card would be perfect for going to Disney World and Disney Cruise lines, and they budged lol.  I opted for the premier card and don't mind paying the annual fee.  Can't wait to show this card off in 27 days in Disney and then 77 days on the Disney Cruise line. 

I love the classic Mickey, but I opted for the Mickey and Pals card Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!

Congrats to you on your new Disney card too!  We have a trip for Dec and then my daughter has a spring break trip next year, so we are excited about having our cards for our trips. I think I'll get another design later on. I like all of them so it was hard to decide which one I wanted.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 31 of 34
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for Chase Disney - Updated!

@signaturecardmember wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@hizzaah wrote:
Congrats! Are you planning a Disney trip soon??

Yes, planning on a Dec trip this year. Week before Christmas! That's how crazy I am.....

Congratulations!

Thats not abad time to go if you plan things out right, for great deals on nice hotels Priceline and Hotwire are your friends (true 4* hotels for $50-$70). If you need help PM me.

Thanks!

Actually we always stay on site. We visit a new Disney resort for each trip.  This year we will be at Carribean Beach Resort. This will be our 8th trip to WDW and our second time going for Christmas. But it is a crazy time to go. We took advantage of the free dining plan offer which we only do for our Christmas trips as it is a lot of food. Need a trip to Disney Land, we have never been there before.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 32 of 34
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applied for Chase Disney - Updated!

Congrats!

2019 Goals: Garden and Clean up Credit Reports!!!
2020 Goals: Get a Secured Card and Auto Loan.
Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for Chase Disney - Update APPROVED!

@BluePoodle wrote:

Jumped the garden today and now I may regret it! Smiley Sad

Ok, I finally decided to apply for my Chase Disney card.  Chase just does NOT love me (I think I have applied for this card twice in my life and denied both times, last time being Dec 2012).

I got the message saying I would receive my answer or new cards in the mail.  I called the automated application status number and all it said was that they had received my application. I requested to be forwarded to a CSR. She couldn't tell me anything but said she could forward me to an analyst. 

When she came back on the phone with me, she said I needed to speak with someone through the "Security Verification Team" and that they were not available today. Why did I apply on Sunday? IDK

Anyway, what does this mean?  Has anyone else had the same reply?  I have not received a notification that any of my reports have had a HP so I don't know who or what they pulled or if they have pulled anything at this point.

I loose my spade too but I was gonna get this and then maybe apply for my PenFed membership and then look for a possible new car this fall. I wasn't planning to look for any new CC's until next April 2015.

Adding - My scores are below. Total HP's - 5 Ex, 7 EQ, 3 TU, Four new accounts in last 6 months. Total Util - 12%

Hello There!!! Just popping in because I have this exact post "Bookmarked" and knew once I myself would be approved for this card (somewhere in the future) that I was going to reply here!!! I remember LOL when I first read this, I couldn't help myself because we have all experienced the CC app process & the emotions it drags us through!!! When you were finally approved, it was an inspiration to me!!! Thank You!!!

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.