Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied online for Kohl's card without cart trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied online for Kohl's card without cart trick

I applied for a JCP card a couple years ago (had filed chapter 7 a year or so prior) and was declined.
Randomly this weekend I decided to apply from my iPhone without any pending purchase in my shopping cart. I expected a decline but instead it asked me a few questions and at the end referred me to call an 1-866 phone number with an application number. Apparently they're not open on weekends, so I called today and the young lady said "oh you listed a different address than what's on your driver's license". I said well I moved a year and a half ago. She said oh ok, no problem. Poof. Approved for $300 (gave me temp card number over the phone and instructions on how to use in a store without the card). I know the card is backs by Capital One and I have been receiving preapproved offers from Capital One which I had not persued. I'm three years out of bankruptcy and this is my first credit card. I'm thrilled. Hoping to get all those percentage off coupons in the coming months.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applied online for Kohl's card without cart trick

Welcome to the board and grats on your new Kohls card Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied online for Kohl's card without cart trick

Congrats and welcome to the forum.  Love my Kohl's card.  Are the preapprovals mailers sent out to your home?  If they are, don't waste a 3 HPs on it.  Go unto the Cap 1 website and if tthey say"congratulations" then it generally is more of a sure thing than the mailer.  Good luck on your rebuilding journey.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.