Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval App spree is over.......Duck!!

tag
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Approval App spree is over.......Duck!!

Just heard back from OCCU and was approved for The Duck  for $20,000 with an EQ score of 768.

I'm done now, no HPs in the last year, no forseeable reason for any....it's been a great approval week.

Amex Business Gold

Amex SkyMiles

Chase Freedom

Sportsman VISA using the shopping cart, pre-approval popup. (really got it just for a trade line as I will close my original secured Cap 1 card in January)

Now, why the Duck.....Neither Amex or Chase pulled EQ which is my highest score and it is what OCCU pulls.  I still didn't get any high CLs, which I wanted for utl reasons. Given my EQ score....and it being what OCCU pulls , why not.  The reward.......$20K!!!!! Smiley LOL

My bank does not report to EX and my two cards, Cap 1 and CITI were my only revolvers, my fico score had pretty much come to a stand still.

It was time to take that fico horse for a ride!!

Great week, but now I'm done, no more!!

Additional TL's, some nice prime cards, 50K points from the business gold, 30K from SkyMiles, $200 cash back from Chase along with the $20,000 CL from The Duck to really help my utl..........mission accomplished!! 

All the cards are either already set up, or will be set up, with auto full payment as a fail safe.  It is easy for me, while sitting at my desk in my practice, to micro manage PIFs so I only have a revolving TL reporting 5%, or less, every reporting period. 

The race is not always won by the swiftest but he who contiues to run.....as well, I think that is rather appropriate in managing your fico score.Smiley Wink

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Approval App spree is over.......Duck!!

WOW Congrats! Thanks for sharing great cards!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@coldnmn, thanks.  The only thing I have yet to do is product change my Citi after December 21.  I really don't know which way to go as the Chase and Duck are cash back and the Amex Sky is my travel card.  I've got a little time to decide but Citi sure was nice to me when I needed them, crappy rewards or no crappy rewards.

Message 3 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@coldnmn, thanks.  The only thing I have yet to do is product change my Citi after December 21.  I really don't know which way to go as the Chase and Duck are cash back and the Amex Sky is my travel card.  I've got a little time to decide but Citi sure was nice to me when I needed them, crappy rewards or no crappy rewards.

Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 6
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Good Luck!

After a phone call and a couple of transfers, I was able to speak with an analyst from Citi who gave me her direct line number to call back on Monday Dec. 23 for a product change.  My 0 interest program expires on Dec. 21 at which time my account was going to auto pc anyway.  They can't manually pc me until the current program I am on expires.  She said that with my payment history with them, she would manually pc me on the 23rd. She felt certain I would qualify for pretty much any product.  

That will allow me to complete my rewards package.....and would be a nice stocking stuffer!!

It has been a great cc week, topped off with my first approval of an initial $20,000 CL Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.