cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Approved] Applying for Blue Cash Preferred: my odds and backup plan

tag
f1_StudentInUS

Re: Applying for Blue Cash Preferred: my odds and backup plan

Thanks for your replies. Keep in mind that I am in CA where house prices are way above what the should be, so people do have to pay more than what the same square footage would cost them on a national average :-D

I am not too worried about asking for the CLDs:I can always correct the error by asking for a CLI if my scores don't hit 750s in 6 months!

Message 31 of 41
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You are welcome. I'm in So Ca and have additional property in No Ca. Very familiar with high prices. Smiley Sad

Good luck to you
Message 32 of 41
f1_StudentInUS

@09Lexie wrote:
You are welcome. I'm in So Ca and have additional property in No Ca. Very familiar with high prices. Smiley Sad

Good luck to you

I am in socal too: Corona!

Do we have meetings for socal  members?

I also want to have a look at my Equifax CR without paying money (maybe a single figure) or pulling my annual report: is there a way?

Message 33 of 41
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

annualcreditreport .com you can pull all 3 reports.

Message 34 of 41
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: [Approved] Applying for Blue Cash Preferred: my odds and backup plan

Grats on the approval! I'm in LA! Smiley Wink
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 35 of 41
f1_StudentInUS

@enharu wrote:
Grats on the approval! I'm in LA! Smiley Wink

Great! We SHOULD have meetings for socal  members!

Message 36 of 41
enharu
Super Contributor

By the way, you are not planning to apply for a mortgage anytime soon, right?

Let us know how it goes with your cash+ and BofA card too if you do decide to apply. If you are planning to get a mortgage within a year, its best to minimize new accounts and inquiries as much as you can. It's already hard, practically impossible in some pockets of LA, for non-cash offers to be accepted by sellers. Don't make the mortgage process a lot more complicated than it ought to be.

That being said, your credit is in very good shape. Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 37 of 41
f1_StudentInUS

@enharu wrote:
By the way, you are not planning to apply for a mortgage anytime soon, right?

Let us know how it goes with your cash+ and BofA card too if you do decide to apply. If you are planning to get a mortgage within a year, its best to minimize new accounts and inquiries as much as you can. It's already hard, practically impossible in some pockets of LA, for non-cash offers to be accepted by sellers. Don't make the mortgage process a lot more complicated than it ought to be.

That being said, your credit is in very good shape. Grats!

Although the cash+ looks enticing, at this point, the BofA Cashrewards looks a bit .... unwanted .. does it not?

I am not sure I should apply for the cash+ when I have the BCP - what advantages would I get?

... and is my nearly 2 year CR good enough for a cash+? I have my doubts!

I think I will garden now and hope Penfed does not AA because of the BCP!

Message 38 of 41
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on getting approved Smiley Happy. I want the BCE as one of my cards when I do my next round of apps. I'm also located in Socal, by magic mountain. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 39 of 41
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the Amex fam!!
"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.