Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved! At Home retail card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved! At Home retail card

I was just browsing the At Home (formally Garden Ridge) website last night and noticed it said they had a credit card, and I saw it was backed by Synchrony whom I have a good relationship with already with Care Credit, etc. So I figured why not! The interest rate is definitely on the higher end for a store card, so more of a pay in full card unless I happen to qualify for a no interest promotion. But...it is a nice addition to my retail store lineup and hopefully will grow as much as my other Synch cards have done!

SL: $500

Score: 652, no baddies, around 45% utlization.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved! At Home retail card

Congrats on the approval!  Be cautious with having too many Synchrony accounts, though.  Some folks appear to have gotten account closures when they were overexposed or have gotten the dreaded blue letter:

Etc, etc.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes! Well this will be my 6th Synchrony card with my oldest one being an Old Navy Visa that is 3 years old. My limits across all of them total to about 20k though.. which isn't that much I thought. I thought it was usually the amount of exposure regarding total limits that triggered problems, or are they more triggered by the amount of accounts?

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!  Be cautious with having too many Synchrony accounts, though.  Some folks appear to have gotten account closures when they were overexposed or have gotten the dreaded blue letter:

Etc, etc.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no clue, I only have one Synchrony card (Amazon Store) and nothing else is appetizing to me because if it isn't giving me very strong rewards, I prefer the warranty extension of bank cards!

I'm sure there are folks with a ton of Synchrony accounts who have never been chopped or financial reviewed, just wanted to let you know to tread cautiously!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh gotcha. Well thank you for the heads up!

Message 5 of 13
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!! I absolutely love At Home.  I can walk around the store for an hour or more.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Etc, etc.

The problem isn't banks it's people opening way too many accounts why does a person need 13 accounts from one bank? that is just asking for trouble IMO like another person on here said it's just business not personal it's about risk for the banks.

Message 7 of 13
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the At Home approval!!! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 13
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.