cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Capital One QuickSilver Visa Card!

tag
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Approved Capital One QuickSilver Visa Card!

So kinda been awhile since I've been on here... life gets the best of ya sometimes lol. Hope no-one minds if I compile a small bit of time between my last active-period and now real quick
--
Anyways back in Febuary I reported in here that I was aproved for the Discover IT Card at $2k with the 0% APR Intro to a 12.99% APR after that. Which for my second card ever I thought was and still is pretty awesome!

Well I decided to check my scores which went up some since then but gah, real-life things get in your way sometimes

mainly - sliding off a road into a guys fence... durring some bad winter snow and having to pay for car repairs is kind of important, fence substained minimal damage needed just one railing piece replaced so that was not bad but car damages were worse,
I really wanted to keep my CC Utility lower then I was able to in the months between then and now. I think I might have been slightly better off could I have, score wise anyway.
But on the plus side I paid off my car loan a couple months ago!

Current Scores based on MyFico:
Experion: 701
Equifax: 705
TransUnion: 717 (Woot First official Fico TransUnion pull since it's been *back* up lol)
--
And Now For today! After checking my scores I figured they we're not neccesarily there best but I wanted a new card before possibly retiring my Orchard Bank/Capital One Card with Low Limit/ High Annaul Fee (comming up in like 2 monthsmight I add)

So I took a chance and applied for the Capital One Quick Silver Visa Card.

The Good:
Approved !!
3K Limit
No Annual Fees
1 year 0% APR

And the meh...
High End 20.9% APR after intro APR expires (assuming if nothing else my current scores might have effected this?)

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: Approved Capital One QuickSilver Visa Card!

Congrats!  Yes, credit profile certainly does impact the APR you receive.  If you can PIF each month - or nearly so - that APR will not impact you (much).  Over time, you should see it decrease.  I know  when I had a Cap 1 card, and they consistently denied me for CLI, they usually countered with an APR reduction - which can be more valuable than a CLI at times.  Might be a good time to look into one more card with no Annual fee with other prime lenders.  Your scores are good enough for a few good cards out there -provided your reports are in good shape.  Just be careful not to go off on a spree.

Good that you have bounced back from the car accident.   We get tons of snow where I live - so I know how tricky -scary - and dangerous driving during the winter can be.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 2 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on new CC and paid off loan.  I'm sorry to hear of your accident, but at least you're ok!

I think it sounds like time to retire the former Orchard card...seems like you've outgrown it.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 12
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Thanks guys sometimes our winter snows can be pretty bad and others calm... just so happened my roads were bad at the time and we have these nice nearly 90 degree bends near my house so I was in the home stetch too... taking my time and must of hit a bad spot my car decided I wasn't making the turn...

Oh I see thanks for the insight, are the APR reductions you got permenent or temporary I've seen people say before that certain different lenders would temporarly reduce their APR for a set period. If they are perment that's awesome and if nothing else as time goes by I hope for the same luck! Although I can always hope for alittle of love for both but lower APR is always good.

Also if I went for 1 more card now/soon any recomendations,

I've been getting a letter in the mail the for awhile now 'Citi Dimond Preffered' No annual fee 12 month 0% intro w\ 19.99% APR after. I looked at their pre-qualifier online though and the site does not recognize any offers/ aditional offers for me... but that same mail piece keeps comming in lol.

I think I was also getting a piece in the mail for Chase BluePrint or something sometime back... I was confused it didn't specificly talk about the / a Card (or least I don't think it did...) it talked about the features of BluePrint...

And definitly my orchard bank card has not grown at all, it's going into retirement soon, it has it's place as my first CC but unfortunitly I have no other valid reason to keep it open it's really just costing me money now so the sooner I can start aging my other cards to replace it the better.

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 4 of 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I would hit up Capital One EO for some love on your Orchard card. Some folks have been able to get some nice increases on that after the transition...and with a soft pull!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your approval and I'm glad to hear you weren't hurt in the accident.

I would definitely contact EOat Cap one for your Orchard Gold, CLI and AF credited.

Good luck.
Message 6 of 12
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Thanks again everyone!
Hmm I guess I could call Capital One up, and see if they can do anything with the Orchard card. If not I feel it's due date is comming soon.  I'm thinking though even if I end up closing it, the 'history' will be there long enough for my newer cards to catch up in age and eventually surpass it.

Also, again might there be any recommended 'Prime' Lenders I might be able to land at the moment with my scores also I guess taking into account the pulls from capital one?

Message 7 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

How many INQ's in the last year?

Any baddies?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 12
MegaZX30
Valued Member

My most recent inquiries

Capital One - Quick Silver Visa Card 10 -8 - 2013 (Apporoved) (assuming from if I'm correct their practice all 3 scores where hit w\ an inquiry?)

Discover - It Card 02 - 15 - 2013 (Approved) (Equifax pull)

well this was Over A Year ago by a couple months now

First CommonWealth Bank - Credit Line 08 - 2 - 2012 (Also Approved) (pretty sure that was a Experion Pull)

So in a years time to date 2 hard Inquiries

Have not had any badies ever reported no lates or anything.

my oldest line is/ was an Auto Loan from over 4 years ago which was refinanced, half way through and paid off recently.
(was refinanced into my name due to the odd ball way they had it set up originally I was the Co-Signer of the loan... normally I'm fairly certain in this case the parent would have been the co-signer not the *ahem* child...)

So there is not a great deal to my Credit Profile neccesarly, but I would say it's not bad either for what it is.

Message 9 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@MegaZX30 wrote:

My most recent inquiries

Capital One - Quick Silver Visa Card 10 -8 - 2013 (Apporoved) (assuming from if I'm correct their practice all 3 scores where hit w\ an inquiry?)

Discover - It Card 02 - 15 - 2013 (Approved) (Equifax pull)

well this was Over A Year ago by a couple months now

First CommonWealth Bank - Credit Line 08 - 2 - 2012 (Also Approved) (pretty sure that was a Experion Pull)

So in a years time to date 2 hard Inquiries

Have not had any badies ever reported no lates or anything.

my oldest line is/ was an Auto Loan from over 4 years ago which was refinanced, half way through and paid off recently.
(was refinanced into my name due to the odd ball way they had it set up originally I was the Co-Signer of the loan... normally I'm fairly certain in this case the parent would have been the co-signer not the *ahem* child...)

So there is not a great deal to my Credit Profile neccesarly, but I would say it's not bad either for what it is.

Freedom and Walmart would be good choices 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.