cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved! Capital One Venture Card!!!!!!!

tag
kobe81
Regular Contributor

Approved! Capital One Venture Card!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Sorry for the CAPS...... but YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I received an email from Capital One today stating that they had approved me for the Venture Card and that my card will arrive within the next 2 days. It didn't state the CL though, so I decided to call.

I spoke to the CSR  he was super cool. He had to clear up some security questions from his side. I answered the questions he asks me......He comes back on to the line and says...."ok sir, so you've been approved and your credit limit is 20,000K!!!

I wanted to jump for joy because my highest limit is 5,000K. I couldnt believe it, and still can't!

The pulled both EQ & EX. I'm just so happy right now because this has been a long time coming.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved! Capital One Venture Card!!!!!!!

@kobe81 wrote:

I received an email from Capital One today stating that they had approved me for the Venture Card and that my card will arrive within the next 2 days. It didn't state the CL though, so I decided to call.

I spoke to the CSR  he was super cool. He had to clear up some security questions from his side. I answered the questions he asks me......He comes back on to the line and says...."ok sir, so you've been approved and your credit limit is 20,000K!!!

I wanted to jump for joy because my highest limit is 5,000K. I couldnt believe it, and still can't!

The pulled both EQ & EX. I'm just so happy right now because this has been a long time coming.

Smiley LOL Your enthusiasm is contagious, congrats!!! Thats an awesome starting limit. Enjoy the card

Message 2 of 39
kobe81
Regular Contributor

lol, thank you.

You should have seen my face. I thought he was pulling my leg. I was literally expecting for him to come back excited to tell me that I was approved for $500 dollars.

I'm not even going to try to ask for a CLI.

Message 3 of 39
tray
Valued Contributor

Congrats !!! just got the same card last month with same credit limit, I wonder if anyone recieved higher on this card with Cap One...enjoy your bonus miles offer as well....

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 39
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

20k congrats!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 39
kobe81
Regular Contributor

Thanks Tray.

The CSR told me that I can earn 20,000 points if I used the card in the first two months. Honestly, after he told me the 20K CL, I didn't really understand anything he was saying to me. That's a CL i would expect from Citi or Amex. Not Cap One.

Message 6 of 39
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@kobe81 wrote:

Can you post your stats? (Fico Score, AAoA, Inquiries, Credit Utilization, any baddies)

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 7 of 39
kobe81
Regular Contributor

AAoA = 5 years

FICO = EX - 707 EQ - 650 TU - 653

3 Settlements (during the recession)

I have about 7 INQ's on each CB.

33% UTL.

I really hope my scores from EQ and TU go up.

Message 8 of 39
tray
Valued Contributor

@kobe81 wrote:

Thanks Tray.

The CSR told me that I can earn 20,000 points if I used the card in the first two months. Honestly, after he told me the 20K CL, I didn't really understand anything he was saying to me. That's a CL i would expect from Citi or Amex. Not Cap One.

Kobe did you get the Blue venture card or the gold one, because with the blue one it is 40,000 bonus points after 3K spend....

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 39
kobe81
Regular Contributor

The email had the Blue Card. I'm guessing the Blue..... lol. He might have said 40,000 points, but I was so shocked that nothing else really mattered.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.