cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved!! Chase Fairmont Visa Signature :)))))))

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved!! Chase Fairmont Visa Signature :)))))))

I apped for the Fairmont Visa because I hope they eventually change it to a Freedom or Freedom U card. I have none of the Chase main cards, only the co-branded cards. It would definitely mean that I couldn't app for two years because of 5/24. When I apped it said they needed more time and would be 2 weeks. I called the regular card info line to check the app status and the next 2 days was still 2 weeks. On the third and all subsequent calls it was the dreaded "7-10 days" message and I thought denied as I just opened an AARP card. Today in the mail I get a letter, and thought it was the denial. Open it and it was for verification, I called answered a few basic questions and was asked if I wanted to hold to see if the app could finish being processed. I said sure, waited what seemed like a long time but probably less than 7-10 minutes, the rep came back and said thank you for holding, I as able to process the application. I'm thinking get on with it, the rep paused and said I have good news for you, your application is approved with a starting limit of $8k, must highest SL ever. Even though I said I wouldn't app for a least 6 months, I'm glad I did. So if you just applied before they stopped taking apps for the Fairmont card and you get the 7-10 day eventually on the phone, it may just be verification, I just learned that, many here already knew it but it is easy to not understand Chase's procedures. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Message 21 of 27
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Message 22 of 27
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats Xraygirl!! We're in the same boat. I'm not sure why i was approved for $8,100 specifically..the $100 is an odd addition, but we're both ta $8k on this card lol

Message 23 of 27
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I was approved yesterday for the Fairmont for $9,000. I'm going to call in and see if they'll make it an even 10k. I really hope they issue UR earning upgrade options if/when this card goes. All I want is the CSR and I would have been happy to apply and forfeit the signup bonus in exchange for being over 5/24  

Message 24 of 27
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Im in the same position as well. I applied for the Fairmont with the hopes that with the sun-setting of this card I'll be able to PC it. From what I've read IF they do a force PC it would be to F/FU. But I know once I'm in then at some point I should be able to upgrade to the CSR. Might be a year since but It's all hopes and worth a shot. It's that or I'm waiting until 11/2018 lol I do use and enjoy my Ritz and Prime from Chase - I use those often so worst case is I increase those limits if they close this one out. Congrats on the Approval!
Message 25 of 27
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:
Im in the same position as well. I applied for the Fairmont with the hopes that with the sun-setting of this card I'll be able to PC it. From what I've read IF they do a force PC it would be to F/FU. But I know once I'm in then at some point I should be able to upgrade to the CSR. Might be a year since but It's all hopes and worth a shot. It's that or I'm waiting until 11/2018 lol I do use and enjoy my Ritz and Prime from Chase - I use those often so worst case is I increase those limits if they close this one out. Congrats on the Approval!

I believe this card would be more inline toward CSP. I do not need more FU... Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Ritz-Carlton card now, if Chase eventually PC's the Fairmont card to a Freedom, I will eventually try to change the Freedom to a CSR and then move the credit limit to another Chase card and close the Ritz. I got the Ritz for the benefits and the CSR would be better for me. Here's hoping. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.