Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Discover It and Amex Gold Delta

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved Discover It and Amex Gold Delta

Hello all! First time posting but I have been reading and learning for awhile lol Just thought I would share my data points on being approved for discover and Amex!

Applied for discover in Nov. 15 and it was instant denial (no wonder with a 625 exp score)
My boyfriend added me as an AU on his discover in Feb 16 cl 12,500.
When that happened my score came up a lil and I also had a medical collection for 13,000$ that fell off the same month.
My exp and transunion scores both jumped to 650 with equifax still lagging behind at 625 but thought maybe I had a decent chance now.
Applied: instant approval for Discover It at 2000$
Instant approval for Amex Gold Delta for only $1000
But I'm so excited to just get my foot in the door!

Thanks everyone for all the great advice you give! It's helped me tremendously 😬
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved Discover It and Amex Gold Delta

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all! First time posting but I have been reading and learning for awhile lol Just thought I would share my data points on being approved for discover and Amex!

Applied for discover in Nov. 15 and it was instant denial (no wonder with a 625 exp score)
My boyfriend added me as an AU on his discover in Feb 16 cl 12,500.
When that happened my score came up a lil and I also had a medical collection for 13,000$ that fell off the same month.
My exp and transunion scores both jumped to 650 with equifax still lagging behind at 625 but thought maybe I had a decent chance now.
Applied: instant approval for Discover It at 2000$
Instant approval for Amex Gold Delta for only $1000
But I'm so excited to just get my foot in the door!

Thanks everyone for all the great advice you give! It's helped me tremendously 😬

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 16
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks musiclover and azalea!!
Message 4 of 16
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

I was just approved for the Gold Amex Card!  Now I had a corporate card, can I have that backdated to the date of that card?  My initial limit is $2k.  At least I got my foot in the door.

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_challenged09 wrote:

I was just approved for the Gold Amex Card!  Now I had a corporate card, can I have that backdated to the date of that card?  My initial limit is $2k.  At least I got my foot in the door.

No they don't back date any longer.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm honestly not sure, this is my first Amex card but I'm sure the others can answer your question. But congrats!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks LAKings
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, dotson89! Informative post! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.