Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved For Paypal Extras Mastercard

tag
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Approved For Paypal Extras Mastercard

This is an interesting story, I have been trying to purchase a new sound system for my car and decided that why not order it from Ebay. Anyways, big mistake I had to verify how often I take showers with Synchrony (Joke) so finally, I get approved for the card because for security issues they had me on hold for a while. I am thinking all along that I will be able to link my new credit card to Ebay or Paypal or someone to be able to purchase what I wanted. Well, this is the first card I've had sooooo many issues trying to figure out. There is barely any information regarding anything!!

I am like, Okay, I checked Paypal is not there, I checked Ebay is not there, what I mean by that is to be able to link the account. Synchrony gave me the account number they said that's all I needed to purchase something but they are asking for EXP date and numbers on the back when trying to add an account. I finally realized I am going to have to wait until the card gets here. I wished I went for the Paypal Credit because it would connect right away as you purchase something. Anyone had a similiar story with Paypal Extras? The other thing is I got an alert, on my TU and it seems that they did two pulls. One for Smart Connet and One for Extras, funny because I got approved for the Mastercard... Smiley Sad

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approved For Paypal Extras Mastercard

Grats on the PPE approval Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the PayPal Extras MC approval!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 5 of 8
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP.  At ~2.5% back on dining, the PPE is a decent card and the limit growa quickly with sync.

It is a co-branded product from a third party issuer.  It takes forever to show up in your PP account.

Message 6 of 8
Techsavvy
Regular Contributor

I agree with Wacdenney, 

It does take a while to show up in your PayPal account and if I remember correctly it's automatic you will not have to link it. However, you will need to set your payment preferences (method of payment for purchases, mastercard, checking, etc.).

Also I only received one hard pull to TU when I applied for PayPal Extras Mastercard and instantly approved. 

Congratulations on your approval as it has nice rewards on restaurants and gas too!Smiley Very Happy

Beginning credit score 3/13 TU 600, EX 601
Current scores 04/15 MYFICO TU 710, EX 699, EQ 663
NFCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa $12,500, Venture $10,000, Venture One $5000, BBVA NBA Amex $3,500, NFL Extra Points World Mastercard $2,500, Sallie Mae Rewards World Mastercard $2,500, Barclay's Reward Mastercard $5,300, Paypal Extras Platinum Mastercard $2,501, Capital One QSI $2,750, Merrick Visa $1100, Discover It $1000, Walmart $6,000, Kohl's $1000, VS $1450, Buckle $1250, Kingsized $1250, HSN $1150, Target $400, TJX Rewards $3500, Chevron $3500
Message 7 of 8
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

congrats, thanks for sharing!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.