Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved NFCU $14,000

tag
orl22
New Contributor

Approved NFCU $14,000

I've been telling my sister to join NFCU since the beginning of the year. Over the summer, she moved her kids back in at my parents house b/c her husband was going to Afghanistan for a year. I got to nag her some more to join. Even though, I didn't feel ready to open another card, I wanted her to join first. She finally joined a couple weeks ago. I was going to wait until next month when I would have 1 card reporting a balance but that plan went out the window when I bought the wife a new ring on my BOA card. I went ahead and applied for the Nreward online. Instant approval for $14K @ 10.74. I was thinking $15K  to start but this is still my highest limit. I'll take $14K without any complaints. 

They pull TU for the membership. Not sure what's it's going to be for the card yet. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Approved NFCU $14,000

@orl22 wrote:

@I've been telling my sister to join NFCU since the beginning of the year. Over the summer, she moved her kids back in at my parents house b/c her husband was going to Afghanistan for a year. I got to nag her some more to join. Even though, I didn't feel ready to open another card, I wanted her to join first. She finally joined a couple weeks ago. I was going to wait until next month when I would have 1 card reporting a balance but that plan went out the window when I bought the wife a new ring on my BOA card. I went ahead and applied for the Nreward online. Instant approval for $14K @ 10.74. I was thinking $15K  to start but this is still my highest limit. I'll take $14K without any complaints. 

They pull TU for the membership. Not sure what's it's going to be for the card yet. 

WOW.What a fantastic limit and sensational APR. Can I ask you a question? Did you have any baddies on your file?

Congrats and well deserved!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 2 of 19
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice! Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Very nice indeed! Welcome to the nfcu family!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 19
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats! Very nice CL. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 19
orl22
New Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@orl22 wrote:

@I've been telling my sister to join NFCU since the beginning of the year. Over the summer, she moved her kids back in at my parents house b/c her husband was going to Afghanistan for a year. I got to nag her some more to join. Even though, I didn't feel ready to open another card, I wanted her to join first. She finally joined a couple weeks ago. I was going to wait until next month when I would have 1 card reporting a balance but that plan went out the window when I bought the wife a new ring on my BOA card. I went ahead and applied for the Nreward online. Instant approval for $14K @ 10.74. I was thinking $15K  to start but this is still my highest limit. I'll take $14K without any complaints. 

WOW.What a fantastic limit and sensational APR. Can I ask you a question? Did you have any baddies on your file?

Thanks guys. I have 1 30 day late on my BOA (5/11). I have a couple 30 days late on my HELOC. This is due to fall of middle of next year. I also have a CO on my Old Navy. This is due to fall off middle of next year also. The BOA late was the most recent of the baddies. Up until this year, I didn't really know much about credit and scores. So I didn't use credit cards all that much. I've learned a lot from people posting on this site. I owe it all to the Myfico community. Directly or indirectly, you've all helped me. And this year has been the most successful year so far. 

Message 6 of 19
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

insane

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 19
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@orl22 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

@orl22 wrote:

Thanks guys. I have 1 30 day late on my BOA (5/11). I have a couple 30 days late on my HELOC. This is due to fall of middle of next year. I also have a CO on my Old Navy. This is due to fall off middle of next year also. The BOA late was the most recent of the baddies. Up until this year, I didn't really know much about credit and scores. So I didn't use credit cards all that much. I've learned a lot from people posting on this site. I owe it all to the Myfico community. Directly or indirectly, you've all helped me. And this year has been the most successful year so far. 

Very impressive!! Getting this type of credit limit is unheard of with banks unless the CR is near perfect.Well Done! Can I ask another over the top question? What salary range are you in? $25K-$50K, $50K-$75K, $75K-$100K?

Thanks

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 8 of 19
orl22
New Contributor

Very impressive!! Getting this type of credit limit is unheard of with banks unless the CR is near perfect.Well Done! Can I ask another over the top question? What salary range are you in? $25K-$50K, $50K-$75K, $75K-$100K?

Thanks

$50K-$75K. I'm at 724 on Equifax. 754 on Walmart TU. EQ has been claim 2 to 3 points a month. But the TU increases and decreases a lot depending on my usuage. I still have room for improvement. 

Message 9 of 19
Fenerbahce
Valued Member

Funny thing is, when I was starting my good credit app spree, I went to Navy Federal and completed the application via my younger brother who is a Navy veteran 2 weeks ago. All I received from them was a thank you for applying email response and nothing else...So I went to PenFed instead the next week and got their Plat Rewards Visa, and some other cards. Yesterday I get an e-mail conratulating me on my membership with Navy Federal and get notified by Credit Karma of a new hard inquiry. I was done with my credit seeking and all but now since they've done a hard pull on me does that mean no more hard pulls for a credit card for an allotted time, or will they pull another report if I applied for a card? I figure I might as well have a nice line of credit since they hit me with an inquiry...any advice?

Photobucket
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.