cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved NFCU Signature Cash Rewards!! 2 HP's though?

tag
MoneyHunnie

Re: Approved NFCU Signature Cash Rewards!! 2 HP's though?

@Wade64 wrote:

@MoneyHunnie wrote:

Hi all,

@I applied for the cash rewards for $15,000 today and was approved. They also upgraded it to the siggy. While I'm incredibly happy about this considering its my highest TL and lowest apr (with the exception of the cards that are still at 0% introductory) @ 7.4%, I wondering why they HP'd EQ and TU. I was expecting EQ based on the majority of the information I've read on this site and others so having them pull TU was a bit of a shock. I realize that the experiences on this site are anecdotal and therefore YMMV but I guess my question is whether this has happened to anyone else before? And if so has anyone had any success with getting NFCU to remove one of the inquiries?

Thanks in advance!

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy awesome CL

Thank you, Wade64!

Starting Scores: 400's (01/2013)
Current Scores: EXP 760 (03/11/14) EQ 730 (2/26/14) TU 752 (2/18/14) via MyFico. TU 08 - 734 via Barclays (3/14/14)
Amex Gold Premier (NPSL) | NFCU Sig Cash Rewards $15K | CareCredit $9.6K | Citi Thank You Preferred $6.5K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Chase Freedom $3K | Sportsman Guide Visa $2.5K| USAA Platinum MC $2K | Amex BCE $1K | Barclay Rewards MC $1K | Merrick Bank $550 | Discover IT $500 | Cap One $500 | & various store cards.
Message 11 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MoneyHunnie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MoneyHunnie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

When did you join?

I just called them today and joined.

That's what I was looking for!!

navy pulls 1 to join (probably TU)

1 for credit card (EQ)

Awww, ok. Darn, I should've waited a few a months to app but the prequalified offer popped up and I just couldn't resist! Smiley Very Happy

Way worth it! Navy doesn't much care about inq's

Message 12 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Even with the double pull 1 for joining 1 for cc well worth it. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 13 of 16
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MoneyHunnie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

When did you join?

I just called them today and joined.

That's what I was looking for!!

navy pulls 1 to join (probably TU)

1 for credit card (EQ)

+1 This is standard for NFCU as they did the same for me as well. Also, they pull another HP (EQ inq in another dept) for NavCheck as well.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 14 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Impressive! Your scores have greatly improved. Looking at the new NFCU Signature Cash Rewards card! Not to shabby...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.