Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved!: PayPal Extras Mastercard

tag
Simply827
Established Contributor

Approved!: PayPal Extras Mastercard

I've had the app itch badly over the past couple of days. I though about apping for Chase Freedom and Discover It last night, but talked myself out of it.

Today I got an email telling me I still have a chance to get a 10 second decision on a PayPal MC. The message popped up earlier in the week on my PP account but I didn't pay it any mind. But after I got this email today and saw it was issued by GECRB I said what the hey, go for it. By the way, I was at the bar, but not yet drinking...does that fall under drapping???

I was instantly approved for a 2K limit, which I'm happy about since it's twice my current highest limit. Plus you all say GECRB is good for CLIs. They pulled TU with a 671 score, not sure if FICO or not. I'm closing Credit One this week and this is a good card to replace it with. I'll be redesigning my portfolio over the next few months and getting rid of my rebuilder cards.

What do you all use your points on? What's the best scenario for redemption?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Approved!: PayPal Extras Mastercard

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 14
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

I've had the app itch badly over the past couple of days. I though about apping for Chase Freedom and Discover It last night, but talked myself out of it.

Today I got an email telling me I still have a chance to get a 10 second decision on a PayPal MC. The message popped up earlier in the week on my PP account but I didn't pay it any mind. But after I got this email today and saw it was issued by GECRB I said what the hey, go for it. By the way, I was at the bar, but not yet drinking...does that fall under drapping???

I was instantly approved for a 2K limit, which I'm happy about since it's twice my current highest limit. Plus you all say GECRB is good for CLIs. They pulled TU with a 671 score, not sure if FICO or not. I'm closing Credit One this week and this is a good card to replace it with. I'll be redesigning my portfolio over the next few months and getting rid of my rebuilder cards.

Congrats, it's an awesome card and will get constant CLI it's GE!

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

Congrats and in a drapping environment (bar) Hummmmm Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 14
xcallmeclayx
New Contributor

Congrats! I have a PayPal Smart Connect account tied to my PayPal Bussiness Debit card which is nice because I accumulate 1% cashback on signed transactions. Does the PAyPal extras have cashback as well? And GE does give out good CLI. I've gotten atleast 3 on my Walmart and my PayPal since getting them

Starting Score 5/10/2012: EQ: 631 EX: 570 TU: 583
Current Score: EQ: 710 (MyFico) EX: 740 (CreditInform) TU: 709 (WalMart)
NEW Goal Score: 750 All Across 1st Goal: Achieved 6/7/2013 690 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 14

I'm planning to cancel that card soon since I got the penfed cash rewards for gas (5% back as a statement credit each month), however GE has been generous in terms of CLIs (without even asking for them, also). It is a good card in that sense but there are other cards with better rewards in the same categories, and you earn less than one percent in the 'all else' category, while almost every other card will give you at least 1% back on any purchase.

I think it's 6,000 points for $50 cash, which is 2.5% back on gas or 1.6% back on paypal/ebay purchases. There are occasionally some 'sales'. I'm trying to zero out my points before closing the account and just recently got 3 Dunkin Donuts gift cards, each worth $15, for 500 points each (3% back on gas; 2% back on paypal/ebay, though I used the card almost exclusively for gas); if you're able to redeem for rewards that are 'on sale' you'll make out the best.

I would stick to using it for gas (assuming you don't have a better card for gas) and paypal/ebay purchases though, otherwise if you redeem for cash you will be doing so at 0.83% (less than 1 percent). Because you can consistently get 5% back on gas with Penfed and 2% back on anything with Priceline Visa I've decided to close this one whenever I get enough points - through gas - to redeem for one last item - probably a gift card - down to zero.

Message 6 of 14
Simply827
Established Contributor

Thanks for that rewards breakdown 909901.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 7 of 14
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

I applied for this card, got a messge saying to call the number, i call the number but it only says if i want to access my paypal mastercard.. Is there another number i can call to get a update

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 8 of 14
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Approved for $2,000!!! Woooohooo

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 9 of 14
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

I got that same e-mail too. I am not sure if it's a Pre-Screened offer or Pre-Approved offer.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.