Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved - United Mileage Plus Club Card

tag
TM82
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved - United Mileage Plus Club Card

Nope, which is why I don't intend to keep the Explorer. I just don't want them to clawback the miles.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 11 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@TM82 wrote:
Nope, which is why I don't intend to keep the Explorer. I just don't want them to clawback the miles.

+1. The Club card is far superior if you're a heavy flier, big spender or both.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 15
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@rkinnahan wrote:

55,000 bonus miles?  that's almost double the current broad market offer.  Did you get that through a mailer?  Congrats and nice limit!

I assume OP means the 50k targeted offer plus 5k for adding an AU. While the public offer is 30k+ 5k for AU, you can call or secure message chase and ask them to match the higher offer. I called, spoke with a nice rep who said they forward these requests to marketing. About 2 weeks later, I got a letter saying they were adding 20k miles to my original bonus. When the next statement cut, there they were. The cs rep I spoke with said they were more likely to match if you got the MPE when purchasing tickets, fyi. So if you got the 30k bonus that way, consider contacting chase.

OP: Did you use your MPE much before getting the targeted offer for club card? Do you fly united a lot? I've thought about upgrading for the lounge access and 2nd free bag (issue when traveling with kid), but it would be great to try for a year before committing. enjoy the card.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 14 of 15
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  I've had it since December...great card and you'll enjoy the United Club compared to the regular airport noise.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.