cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 2 Amex Cards - No Hard Pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for 2 Amex Cards - No Hard Pull?

I was previously approved for a BCE in January 2017. Last Monday, I applied and was approved for both the PRG and ED cards. I used incognito mode to trigger the better sign-up bonus offers so I did not apply directly through my existing amex account. I have daily Experian tracking and was surprised that I did not get an inquiry alert after my approvals. I received an alert for BCE immediately after approval.

Now it's been almost a week and my only inquiry on my Experian report (generated as of today) is the 1 from January for the BCE. My intentions were to do a double-app for 1 hard pull. So it seems too good to be true that I get 2 approvals with no hard pull. 

I did request a 3x CLI (approved) on my BCE right before applying for the 2 additional cards. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Is this common? Should I expect a hard pull later at some point? I want to get excited about somehow getting lucky!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for 2 Amex Cards - No Hard Pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was previously approved for a BCE in January 2017. Last Monday, I applied and was approved for both the PRG and ED cards. I used incognito mode to trigger the better sign-up bonus offers so I did not apply directly through my existing amex account. I have daily Experian tracking and was surprised that I did not get an inquiry alert after my approvals. I received an alert for BCE immediately after approval.

Now it's been almost a week and my only inquiry on my Experian report (generated as of today) is the 1 from January for the BCE. My intentions were to do a double-app for 1 hard pull. So it seems too good to be true that I get 2 approvals with no hard pull. 

I did request a 3x CLI (approved) on my BCE right before applying for the 2 additional cards. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Is this common? Should I expect a hard pull later at some point? I want to get excited about somehow getting lucky!

Congrats on the approvals.  The HP(s) may still show up but there has been quite a few reports in the last few months of people being approved for new cards without a HP.  There doesn't appear to be any consistency of why or when it happens but you may have got lucky this time.

Message 2 of 14
redpat
Senior Contributor

You may have gotten lucky and congrats on a freebie.

I got my PRG in December no HP and Bus Plat last week, no HP yet (pre-appoved on this one though).

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I cold apped for my SPG 5 days ago and still no HP.  I think for many existing customers thay are no longer doing HPs.  I don't think an additional HP would have made any difference in my scores, but the new account sting will still be there without backdating.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I was that darn lucky. I got an invite for the PRG and it went into review. I called to inquire on the status and they told me because EX report is frozen they can't process my application . At that point I didn't feel like arguing so I asked to cancel the app.

I guess some can get app'd with a SP or take the risk of a HP.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You definitely may be one of those recent lucky ones who got away without an HP.

They HP'd me for the SPG business in January, and the Blue for Business in February though so they do not seem to be done with member-HP's altogether yet.

Message 6 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

wanderingbuilder, I have not heard of them skipping the HP on business accounts so perhaps it's a business vs personal thing?
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading this post made me realize I did not get a hard pull when I added an Am Ex Everyday card 2 weeks ago. I also used the incognito app for a better sign up bonus, not through my existing account. Hmmmm... interesting.

Message 8 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dog, the Amex bounty hunter, Smiley Wink 3 for 1, welcome to myFico loreSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
wanderingbuilder, I have not heard of them skipping the HP on business accounts so perhaps it's a business vs personal thing?

very possibly. I don't currently want to add any personal Amex cards because I'm trying to hold out to be under 5/24 for next year August so I can pick up my final few Chase cards, otherwise I would guinnea pig that theory with a Delta card or something.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.