cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 2 Amex Cards - No Hard Pull?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Approved for 2 Amex Cards - No Hard Pull?

Of course I missed that redpat mentioned no HP for the business card in this thread, but there was a preapproval.  My wife got a HP for her ED last year - technically her first AmEx account although she has been an AU on my Plat/PRG/Blue accounts since 2003 (and her Member Since date is 2003), but that and my SPG are the only two actual apps we've had with AmEx in nearly 15 years since I wouldn't count the PCs from Green Rewards (which I am almost positive is now just "Green" and the old green without MRs was discontinued) to Platinum and gold to PRG.  It would be interesting to read if any other existing customers have made cold apps without a HP.

Not sure this was worth starting a new thread on, but since there are many here with new additional accounts I thought it may be worth mentioning.  On the Account Services tab for my SPG, I went to Credit Management and Transfer Available Credit To Another Card.  I was able to instantly transfer $4k of my Blue to my new SPG.

You can request to have a portion of your available credit transferred between two of your eligible consumer credit cards, between two of your eligible business credit cards or from your eligible consumer credit card to business credit card.

Correct limits showed immediately on the website and app.  It lets you transfer any amount in $100 increments as long as you leave at least a $500 credit line.  I decided to leave $5000 on the Blue since I'm trying to keep my minimum CLs there <shakes fist at Kohl's and Target>.

Message 11 of 14
redpat
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Of course I missed that redpat mentioned no HP for the business card in this thread, but there was a preapproval.  My wife got a HP for her ED last year - technically her first AmEx account although she has been an AU on my Plat/PRG/Blue accounts since 2003 (and her Member Since date is 2003), but that and my SPG are the only two actual apps we've had with AmEx in nearly 15 years since I wouldn't count the PCs from Green Rewards (which I am almost positive is now just "Green" and the old green without MRs was discontinued) to Platinum and gold to PRG.  It would be interesting to read if any other existing customers have made cold apps without a HP.

Not sure this was worth starting a new thread on, but since there are many here with new additional accounts I thought it may be worth mentioning.  On the Account Services tab for my SPG, I went to Credit Management and Transfer Available Credit To Another Card.  I was able to instantly transfer $4k of my Blue to my new SPG.

You can request to have a portion of your available credit transferred between two of your eligible consumer credit cards, between two of your eligible business credit cards or from your eligible consumer credit card to business credit card.

Correct limits showed immediately on the website and app.  It lets you transfer any amount in $100 increments as long as you leave at least a $500 credit line.  I decided to leave $5000 on the Blue since I'm trying to keep my minimum CLs there <shakes fist at Kohl's and Target>.

I was pre-approved for BRG and Bus plat offer of 75k w/ 5k spend.  I took b plat for the 50% MR redemption perk for airline booking on their travel portal.  No HP yet and it's been a week.  I'll keep my personal plat if I get another retention offer of 25k.  Last year this card was basically free because of that offer.  We will see in June.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for the replies. Definitely sounds like I just got lucky which is awesome! 3 cards 1 hard pull

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't seen an HP for my PRG that I app'd for in December. I was an existing card member if that makes a difference..
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.