Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for 2 Amex Cards - No Hard Pull?

[ Edited ]

Of course I missed that redpat mentioned no HP for the business card in this thread, but there was a preapproval.  My wife got a HP for her ED last year - technically her first AmEx account although she has been an AU on my Plat/PRG/Blue accounts since 2003 (and her Member Since date is 2003), but that and my SPG are the only two actual apps we've had with AmEx in nearly 15 years since I wouldn't count the PCs from Green Rewards (which I am almost positive is now just "Green" and the old green without MRs was discontinued) to Platinum and gold to PRG.  It would be interesting to read if any other existing customers have made cold apps without a HP.

Not sure this was worth starting a new thread on, but since there are many here with new additional accounts I thought it may be worth mentioning.  On the Account Services tab for my SPG, I went to Credit Management and Transfer Available Credit To Another Card.  I was able to instantly transfer $4k of my Blue to my new SPG.

You can request to have a portion of your available credit transferred between two of your eligible consumer credit cards, between two of your eligible business credit cards or from your eligible consumer credit card to business credit card.

Correct limits showed immediately on the website and app.  It lets you transfer any amount in $100 increments as long as you leave at least a $500 credit line.  I decided to leave $5000 on the Blue since I'm trying to keep my minimum CLs there <shakes fist at Kohl's and Target>.

american_express_platinum.pngamerican_express_preferred_rewards_gold.pngamerican_express_starwood_preferred_guest.pngamerican_express_blue.pngamerican_express_everyday.pngbank_of_america_georgetown_university_alumni_association.pngbank_of_america_travel_rewards.pngbank_of_america_bank_americard.pngcapital_one_quicksilver.pngcapital_one_venture_one.pngchase_sapphire_preferred.pngchase_freedom_unlimited.pngchase_freedom.pngchase_slate.pngcitibank_diamond_preferred.pngcitibank_double_cash.pngcitibank_best_buy.pngcomenity_bjs_elite_perks.pngdiscover_it.pngdiscover_it_bruins.pngnasa_federal_credit_union_platinum_advantage_rewards.pngnavy_fcu_visa_signature_flagship.pngpenfed_federal_credit_union_penfed_defender.pngpenfed_federal_credit_union_power_cash_rewards.pngsynchrony_amazon.pngsynchrony_lowes.pngcapital_one_kohls.pngtd_bank_target_mastercard.png
It has been 0 days since my last app.
Valued Contributor

K-in-Boston wrote:

Of course I missed that redpat mentioned no HP for the business card in this thread, but there was a preapproval.  My wife got a HP for her ED last year - technically her first AmEx account although she has been an AU on my Plat/PRG/Blue accounts since 2003 (and her Member Since date is 2003), but that and my SPG are the only two actual apps we've had with AmEx in nearly 15 years since I wouldn't count the PCs from Green Rewards (which I am almost positive is now just "Green" and the old green without MRs was discontinued) to Platinum and gold to PRG.  It would be interesting to read if any other existing customers have made cold apps without a HP.

Not sure this was worth starting a new thread on, but since there are many here with new additional accounts I thought it may be worth mentioning.  On the Account Services tab for my SPG, I went to Credit Management and Transfer Available Credit To Another Card.  I was able to instantly transfer $4k of my Blue to my new SPG.

You can request to have a portion of your available credit transferred between two of your eligible consumer credit cards, between two of your eligible business credit cards or from your eligible consumer credit card to business credit card.

Correct limits showed immediately on the website and app.  It lets you transfer any amount in $100 increments as long as you leave at least a $500 credit line.  I decided to leave $5000 on the Blue since I'm trying to keep my minimum CLs there <shakes fist at Kohl's and Target>.

I was pre-approved for BRG and Bus plat offer of 75k w/ 5k spend.  I took b plat for the 50% MR redemption perk for airline booking on their travel portal.  No HP yet and it's been a week.  I'll keep my personal plat if I get another retention offer of 25k.  Last year this card was basically free because of that offer.  We will see in June.

Amex Plat | Amex EDP|Amex PRG | Freedom U | Ink+ | Chase Reserve | Citi Prestige | Citi AA exec
Established Member

Thanks guys for the replies. Definitely sounds like I just got lucky which is awesome! 3 cards 1 hard pull

Valued Contributor

I haven't seen an HP for my PRG that I app'd for in December. I was an existing card member if that makes a difference..
My Cards:
American Express PRG-American Express BCE-Chase United Mileage Explorer-Chase Amazon-BoFA 321

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.